PDA

View Full Version : Symphony II + Bose 6 speaker system - amped?

Black Cab
25-03-2007, 12:12 PM
I have just bought a used Audi A4 Cabriolet (Sept 04) with a Symphony II and 6 speaker Bose system and I would now like to install a Parrot Bluetooth handsfree phone kit.

However, I need to know if the kit will mute the stereo during calls and operate via the car speakers. Parrot advise it WILL work, if the stereo system is NON AMPLIFIED or just REAR AMPLIFIED. Apparently it WILL NOT work if the system is FULLY AMPLIFIED.

How do I find out if my system is FULLY AMPLIFIED, REAR AMPLIFIED or NON AMPLIFIED ?

Thanks!!

sean red i
25-03-2007, 03:32 PM
mate has a 3.0 quattro 2003 a4 with symphany and bose, he has had parrot fitted and yes the stereo mute,s and the vioce comes through speakers as normal phone set up.
just spoke 2 him he said only complaint is with the parrot when you scroll through phone book a,b,c etc the system speaks to you sounding letters, it cant keep up with you and misses letters but they are on your display. he also thought fitter said rear amp.
sean

Black Cab
25-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Cheers for your reply. I'll probably give it a go!!

:beerchug:

madfella65
26-03-2007, 12:28 AM
if you get the voice to work through the speakers in the bose setup let me know - i have a sony ericsson kit which will mute the radio but i cannot get it to come through the speakers, also where did you get your ignition power from? my radio is CAN-BUS (i think) and there is no +12V ignition wire?????