PDA

View Full Version : Mis fire on warm up??

shezz07
20-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Just wondering id ask u guys to see if you can help.

My bro has mk1 golf 8v gti and when it warms up it seems to start to misfire, any idea what it could be? Im thinking sensor or something electrical. Weve put om new leads, dissy cap etc

The new leads are 10mm thick and im thinking they mite be putting the coil under strain, any ideas??

Also is there an uprated coil out there for the mk1 thats a staight swap jobbie??

Cheers.

xouser8334
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi, does the car struggle to start (maybe not at all) if you press the accelerator? - in other words, will it only start if you turn the key with all feet off the pedals?

sounds strange, but mine misfired when warm - took ages to find, but changing the warm up regulator valve (on the front of the engine) this went away and seemed alright when warm!

and usually i have only had problems with starting only with a faulty valve!

usually a few of them going on fleabay!

Wayne

G60JONNY
24-09-2009, 10:41 PM
8334 is bout right I'm affraid!

These ain't cheap but are available through GSF etc and will make the world of difference!

As above, try the world renound fleece-bay and see what turns up?

All is not lost!

Jonny:cool:

towcestervag
25-09-2009, 09:51 AM
check the fuel filler neck
these rot out and you get cr-p and water in tank

Peter D
25-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Check all vacuum and breather pipes I suspect you have a vacuum leak. These tend not to show when cold but at the choke goes off the misfire starts. It can also be detected as random, i.e. not always on the same pot, and it is more of a 'chuff' rather than a full misfire. Regards Peter