PDA

View Full Version : rear suspension noise

aaman
20-04-2009, 03:10 PM
hope this helps some one. i saw there is a mod to the rear suspension spring lower plate its a replacement rubber plate to replace the rubber/metal one due to noise. its for passats from 05 to may 07. passats from may 07 been done from production. ive done my 55plate 2.0tdi and its reduced suspension and road noise. the part numbers are plates 1k0512297d you need 2. bolts n10628601 x2. nuts n10106402 x2. It took me around 1hour to do. the parts was around £10 the lot from vw.

nickmurphy
20-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi, that's really interesting, I've always thought that the Passat is a bit boomy, and when you tap the rear springs they reverberate which I think must contribute to it (mine's Mar 07).

Can you give us a quick walkthrough of how you did it?

aaman
21-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Hi, that's really interesting, I've always thought that the Passat is a bit boomy, and when you tap the rear springs they reverberate which I think must contribute to it (mine's Mar 07).

Can you give us a quick walkthrough of how you did it?

you need to check you got the metal base ones. remove one rear wheel look at the base of spring you will see the base plate . with a long screw driver tap the plate to see if metal or rubber if metal you need to get the new ones. once you got the new parts . you will need a torque wrench, spring compresser. 18mm socket and spanner. remove wheel compress spring.,undo the bolt that holds the lower arm to hub and lower arm to remove spring then you can remove plate and then fit new. before i removed spring i marked the location of the top and bottom of the spring to the mounts. then refit. the bolt torque is 90nm then 90deg. its easy. if you want to talk i will give you my phone num. good luck.

nickmurphy
21-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Hi aaman

Thanks for taking the time to do that, I'll put it on my list of things to do!

Cheers