PDA

View Full Version : Rear bumper spray

Mancair
20-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Apologies if there is a thread on here already relating to this, the search function can't find it. I'm considering having the rear bumper of my mk5 sprayed (the plastic bottom half) the same colour as the rest. Does anyone know, firstly how much this would cost, and whereabouts in the Manchester area may do this.

Many thanks in advance

Scott

shaft-50
20-04-2009, 06:06 PM
hi, just out of interest what colour is your car ?

Mancair
20-04-2009, 08:34 PM
It's Silver, I've seen this done on another and think it looks good, different. I'm not really into modifications of sorts but I have put alloys on what was a basic model and rather than keep changing cars would like to just make it my own, so to speak. VW Dealer wanted £300 to do it, I think thats a little steep especially if they're not the only ones that can do the job

shaft-50
20-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Shame as i have recently replaced my rear gti bumper for a ed30 rear ! Not sure how much it would cost on its own as if its done correctly, the lower half needs smoothing down first the plastic coating then painting. I wouldnt think it should cost more than a couple of hundred quid depending on who you take it to.

It is possible to DIY if you are brave enough and have the time/space etc but personally I would get the pro's to do it for you ;)

Good luck and make sure you post some progress pics of your car as you 'make it your own'.

:D

Ben
20-04-2009, 09:51 PM
reflex silver?

Does yours have the cut out for the exhaust pipes?

If not i have a reflex silver one for sale.

If you are interested drop me a pm but you will be 3rd in the queue.

Mancair
21-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Ill take 3rd in the queue and get back to you if reflex isn't right. Can't PM as haven't posted enough yet!!:o

RickT
21-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Ill take 3rd in the queue and get back to you if reflex isn't right. Can't PM as haven't posted enough yet!!:o

Get posting! :-)

Take a look at the chat section..

Rick