PDA

View Full Version : My new 04 130 Passat highline

thedeeg
19-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Picked it up yesterday, 04 130 highline on 80K. Needs servicing, so that's booked in in 2 weeks for a 20K long life service and the cam belt, and then fingers crossed for some trouble free motoring.

Comments welcome.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/thedeeg/Passat1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/thedeeg/Passat2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/thedeeg/IMG_1114.jpg

Cheers.

Deeg.

paul b
20-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Longlife *cringes*.
Looks like a very nice car. :beerchug:

Hex69
20-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Longlife *cringes*.
Looks like a very nice car. :beerchug:

Agreed about Longlife, Shorterlife more like...

Nice, however I do think that the centre console where the handbrake is is nicer on the B5 than on the B5.5.

thedeeg
20-04-2009, 12:25 PM
TBH, I'm not at all comfortable with 20K service intervals, so I might just get a major service done, and then get the oil changed at 10K anyway, worth the £50 if it helps the engine out.

What are the engines like with regards oil, do they use a bit, or good without top ups?

As I said in the high miles passat thread, I think looking after cars means regular servicing.

Thanks for the comments.

Hex69
20-04-2009, 12:28 PM
TBH, I'm not at all comfortable with 20K service intervals, so I might just get a major service done, and then get the oil changed at 10K anyway, worth the £50 if it helps the engine out.

What are the engines like with regards oil, do they use a bit, or good without top ups?

As I said in the high miles passat thread, I think looking after cars means regular servicing.

Thanks for the comments.

Good choice, mine uses about 1/2 litre between 10k services, so not too bad. :D

thedeeg
20-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Cheers mate, like I say, it needs the cambelt done, so will get a full service and then go from there.

Would rather have the day off work every 10K than have it break down, lol.

paul b
20-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Mine uses next to no oil, about half a litre too, although it has done far less miles than Hex's astounding motor.

They all seep a slight bit of oil out of the EGR, rather than burn it, and on mine it leaks onto the exhaust. All 3 of my TDIs do it, and it is only slight, so just take a rag to it each service and all is good. :)

Vwsteve76
20-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Mine uses next to no oil, about half a litre too, although it has done far less miles than Hex's astounding motor.

They all seep a slight bit of oil out of the EGR, rather than burn it, and on mine it leaks onto the exhaust. All 3 of my TDIs do it, and it is only slight, so just take a rag to it each service and all is good. :)

Yea ive noticed my Passat seep little oils from the EGR too, nothing to worry about tho. Ive had my Passat now for 7 months only thing i had to buy is a set of tyres.If you look after it,it will look after you in the long run. Great car

thedeeg
21-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Cheers all,

It's actually the petrol, not the diesel, so I'm not sure if still has the same issue(s)?

paul b
21-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Cheers all,

It's actually the petrol, not the diesel, so I'm not sure if still has the same issue(s)?
Oh, so its the 2.0 non-turbo petrol. ;)

thedeeg
21-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, none turbo.

macmillions
21-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice motor mate.
My boss has one. Goes like STINK!
As far as I know he's had no problems with it so far. SO hopefully will be the same for you.

Happy motoring!

thedeeg
29-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Cheers all.

Getting the cam belt done on Friday, so hopefully won't uncover any other problems.

Got a bit left on the warrenty anyway, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.