PDA

View Full Version : EOS TSI and TFSI

Bull-iTT
19-04-2009, 07:39 AM
All, looking to buy my first EOS shortly and am still somewhat confused with the difference between the TSI and TFSI. :o

The car I am looking to purchase is an EOS Sport 2008 2.0lt TSI (as badged on the back of the car) and registered in June 2008. When I do a search for insurance it comes up as a TFSI (or on one insurer as an FSI).

So could you provide a brief explanation as to the differences betwenn the TSI and the TFSI and when the TFSI was superceeded by the TSI.

Also this EOS Sport is on 17" wheels - were they all supplied with 18" wheels.

Thanks - Bull-iTT

Teflon
20-04-2009, 07:53 AM
There were two 2-litre engines, a 150bhp version available in the entry level model and the sport, plus a 200bhp (147kW) version available only in the sport. The latter (2.0t TSI) is turbocharged and is the same engine as in the Mk5 golf GTi but it seems to be a lot more relaxing to drive, suiting the nature of the car.

The 150bhp version seems to have disappeared off the latest price list, having been replaced by the 160bhp 1.4 TSI engine. There was also a 1.6TSI, but this has been replaced by a 1.4 TSI with 122 bhp.

Ask to see the registration document or else look for the sticker under the carpet in the boot. In either case, 147Kw incicates the turbo engine.

All cars came as standard with 17" wheels, but 18" Chicago's were available as an option on Sport models. Nothing to recommend them in an EOS, no handling impovement and harsher ride (allegedly).