PDA

View Full Version : MK4 Drivers door stuck....

FuNkYcHiCkEn
24-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Help...

The drivers side door will not open. It appears to be locked shut, when I press the remote button, it unlocks all of the other doors but not the drivers door. Put key in lock and it turns, but nothing appears to happen...

Phoned my local VW dealer and guess what they said.

CUT THE DOOR OFF!!!!

YES

CUT THE DOOR OFF....:(

I have tried to get the door panel off from the inside, but this seems impossible with the door shut and the seat is in the way...

Help me:1zhelp:

FuNkYcHiCkEn
25-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Looks like I am going to have to cause some serious damage to the car door both inside and out to get this sorted.....:zx11:

jacoeras
29-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I know it's been a while but i would like to know if / how you manage to sort this?

My wife's car (2002 Bora) has a similar problem. Both the passenger door and the one behind it won't open. Initially it was intermittent but now they've stopped working completely.

We've been advised to take the car to a body shop as they have the equipment to take the doors off. I've been told it's likely to be the solenoid that needs to be replaced. The sounds to me like a bit of an overkill not to mention what such and excercise will cost! Any ideas anyone?

STEWY L
29-01-2008, 11:36 PM
I know it's been a while but i would like to know if / how you manage to sort this?

My wife's car (2002 Bora) has a similar problem. Both the passenger door and the one behind it won't open. Initially it was intermittent but now they've stopped working completely.

We've been advised to take the car to a body shop as they have the equipment to take the doors off. I've been told it's likely to be the solenoid that needs to be replaced. The sounds to me like a bit of an overkill not to mention what such and excercise will cost! Any ideas anyone?
it sounds rather drastic cutting the doors off!!!!,but if that is the "answer"and you are faced with having to do it, then you really don't have "much to lose" by taking a craft knife to the interior panel and try to gain access to the solenoid in that way. mind, i hasten to add, it would kill me to have to do it to mine, and i don't know if you would gain anything by trying,but there again, what have you got to lose?
safety tip--- both hands behind the blade, always cut towards your mate.

jacoeras
30-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Don't think the mechanic who gave the advice meant they have to cut the door off/open. Surely VW must of left some "back door" .... or not ....

vwbora-driver
04-02-2008, 02:48 AM
I have managed to get a seat leon door open that was stuck shut for a coule of months by opening the window fully and pushing the door card off from top and getting into the locking mechanism from there. we have never had any bother with it since then. (i think the mk4 golf shouldnt be much different)