PDA

View Full Version : scirocco running problem

lisam
18-04-2009, 08:22 AM
hi.
i recently changed cam belt and o/s crank seal and os engine mount
whilst driving back the car broke down by juddering as if fuel starvation - i continued for a while by dropping clutch and in effect bump starting as the clutch reengaged.
eventually this wouldn't work so came to a halt.
the car would then turn over and fire up but would not hold idle - even with throttle applied.
upon further inspection found a wire had severed to the cold start valve - (must have snapped on jacking the engine during the mount change) by holding the wire back together and cranking engine , the engine started and ran sweet - so figured this must be the problem.
following morning i reconnected the wire but strangely the engine would still would not run past initial firing.
every time i try - the engine fires and runs briefly but then dies.
The fuel pump can be heard running at the back of the car on starting/there is plenty of fuel pressure

i had heard a whining coming from the rear of the car and have since read on forums about thepressure pump in fuel tank? - is there two pumps at the rear near or in the fuel tank?because as i said i can hear one running on start up back there.

i have also recently had to replace the wiper relay and the relay that runs the heater etc - could the fuel pump relay be knackered even though it seems to be firing up - is the fuelk pump relay operating the fuel pump near or in the fuel tank or the one in the engine bay or all?

does anyone know if this is common and what i should do - ?
hope someone can help.
lisa