PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help

biddy.63
17-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi bought myself a mk3 gti golf on a l plate 94, turns out that the car is not going to pass a test so while brousing the internet got chance to purchase an r reg 98 2.0 litre 8 valve the same as the previous but with the gearbox out. The L reg car had a mint engine and box so i swaped the full power unit but now i find that it doesnt start and there are differences like the newer car engine had a crank sensor but the one thats in now doesnt, when the main plug is connected i only have one ignition light on the dash and it sounds like theres a direct short but when its unplugged the full aray of lights are on the dashboard on ignition but the car will not turn over, there is also the fact that the 98 car had previously been duel fuel and has an alarm and immobiliser can anyone give any advice it would be most appreciated.

saabsalltheway!
18-04-2009, 10:59 AM
hi
easyest way to solve this is to put the original engine back in with all the wireing then it will run ok but will the gearbox fit this engine check the depth of the flywheel are the pressure plates the same and are the friction plates the same
hth
paul