PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk5 GT TDI ABS Pump/Sensor

liviboy
17-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Guys,

Posting this for a friend.

He has a VW Golf Mk5 2.0 GT TDI (2005/05 plate) with around 50,000 miles.

He recently bought the car and about a month into driving the ESP warning light came up. He took it along to local VW dealership who I have dealt with for years with no problems for a 50K service and to check the ESP light.

Service went through with no problems, but the ESP warning was coming from a sensor fault within the ABS pump - cost of part is £1300. Obviously the work will need to be carried out for the safety of the car/ABS breaks etc but we wer ejust wondering if anyone else has ever heard of such a problem with it purely out of curiosity.

The dealership said they cannot fix it and do not know of anyone who can which is why a full replacement pump has been quoted...as I say I've used them for years so have no worries about the mechanics being "at it" or anything like that!

Cheers for any help.

KeithS
18-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Talk to these people. They can give you a replacement for way less than the VW price. http://ecu-testing.com/vw_passat_bosch_abs_pump_ecu_m.html

touran05
19-04-2009, 08:10 PM
My touran 05 plate 1.9 tdi se has the same problem will hope vw will pay to have it fixed as it's a problem on Tourans. VW must know this i would hope they issue a recall