PDA

View Full Version : 87 Scirocco

lisam
17-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Hello,
my 87 Scirocco was running great and suddenly it would not start. The starter would just make 1 click and not turn the engine over. I made sure the battery was charged up and installed a new starter and silinoid. The new starter also just made 1 click and will not start the car. I tried several more times and the car started once but than went back to the starter just making 1 click and not turning over. (The battery is good and holding a charge)
Any help greatly appreciated.

Lisa M. Stewart

eggbert2008
27-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Hello,
my 87 Scirocco was running great and suddenly it would not start. The starter would just make 1 click and not turn the engine over. I made sure the battery was charged up and installed a new starter and silinoid. The new starter also just made 1 click and will not start the car. I tried several more times and the car started once but than went back to the starter just making 1 click and not turning over. (The battery is good and holding a charge)
Any help greatly appreciated.

Lisa M. Stewarthi lisa i had a similar problem but with all things a micra. battery was good and i swapped the starter for a good one from a friends car.it turned out to be a dodgy ignition switch. it was so worn the key wud fall out of it when the car was ticking over! anyway changed the ignition barrel and solved the problem. hope this helps.

f45t gti
08-01-2010, 05:44 PM
check all connections and also check that engine turns freely. do this by putting in gear and rocking the car from the front and look at the pullys if they move means somthings got a mucky connection.

fourringsrus
29-01-2010, 10:13 PM
The first thing I would be checking is your main lead from the battery to the starter and your battery earth lead is a good clean connection to the chassis
Stuart