PDA

View Full Version : Question Removal of small dent

PGW8000
16-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi

I am very careful where I park my Passat to try and avoid anybody damaging it by opening their car door against mine. The car is just two years old now and manged to escape.

Low and behold came back to the car at the airport yesterday and somebody had done the honours. :aargh4: Small but very annoying. Has anybody tried a 'dent doctor' type service? I'm sure it is too small to send to a panel beater (?)

I would appreciate if anybody has any advise / experience.

B Rgds

ToMBoY_C
16-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Just bite the bullet buddy! Garuntee someone will only do it again.. :(

jonsey24
16-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Ive used the likes of dent demons in the past and they do an excellent job, unless the paint is damaged you shouldnt be able to tell the car eve had a dent in it.
Where is the dent located? i had one on my door previously and the guy who came to fix it put what can only be described to be a long thin metal rod down the back of the door inbetween the glass. The rod had a curled up flat end to it like the letter J, he merely massaged the door skin till the dent came out then polished everything up i was more than happy with the results.

I know you could leave it, but if your like me it will only P*"*s me off for as long as i owned the car.

Slick
17-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi

I am very careful where I park my Passat to try and avoid anybody damaging it by opening their car door against mine. The car is just two years old now and manged to escape.

Low and behold came back to the car at the airport yesterday and somebody had done the honours. :aargh4: Small but very annoying. Has anybody tried a 'dent doctor' type service? I'm sure it is too small to send to a panel beater (?)

I would appreciate if anybody has any advise / experience.

B Rgds

sorry to hear about the dent, I am expecting a dent any day now on my car as its bound to happen!

I went to a place called the dent man near Liverpool and travelled about an hour from my home to get it done by him as he was the best and recommended by a few local bodyshops.

I had 3 dents removed on my old Honda S2000. He removed a crease on the boot lid (where one body shop told me it would be £300 to fix as you cannot push out the dent so it would need to be sanded/filed and repainted!), small door dent and a slight dent on the front wing.

The car was like new afterwards, so try and shop around and see who has the best reputation in your area.