PDA

View Full Version : Question WHAT is the problem with the NOX SENSOR on VW Golf MKV

quimley
16-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I really am getting ****** off with my VW GOLF 1.4 FSI. I have had the engine light pop up 3 times since buying this car just over a year ago with 20k on the clock. The first time was within 3 months of having the car, i was told i needed a new NOX sensor by an independent VW/Audi garage (Price...well you don't wanna know) the sensor was replaced with a brand new one. Months later ...again thee light pops up just b4 an MOT, fault codes cleared..result i thought,still had to fork out plenty of cash though. The garage it was taken to for the mOT told me that there had been a recall by VW for a humid problem with the sensor. I didnt take it futher as i thought the car was fine. Finally this week, light shows up again...i go straight to VW in colidale london...and you guessed it they said the NOX sensor need ed replacing.

I told them it was replaced 6 months earlier by an indepenent. They said they would replace it under the warranty of the part if it was a genuine VW part, i need to get the part number from the independent an then they would replace it. They also told me that if i took the car on a good run every week or so this would help break up the particle build up in the sensor or something to that effect. This would help elieviate the promblem from arising again..or add stp fuel additives to the petrol tank.

Back to my Question ...what the helll is the problem with this NOX SENSOR....HHHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!!

GarJE
17-04-2009, 12:00 AM
How sure are you that the independent changed the sensor, and didn't just clear the code the first time? If it's the same fault 3rd time running, someone's telling porkies.

quimley
17-04-2009, 10:40 PM
That's a good point...I don't know for sure if the nox sensor was changed, but by golly i'm about to find out. Because i took my car back to VW colindale and told them that the NOX sensor had been replaced months b4 by an independent.They said if that was the case that if it was a genuine VW part they would replace it under warranty. I went back to the u=independent also to findout if it was a genuine VW part they said yes and if i left the car with them that they would refer it to vw anyway. So come next wed we will see if it is a genuine vw NOX sensor.
I'm not forking out anymore dough over this!:aargh4: