PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A3 battery drain

foxallstars
16-04-2009, 08:37 PM
HEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!! Lady in Distress.

I'm very very new to this, my brother suggested I post a message. Am a blonde with an Audi A3 and not a clue how to fix the problem I have with it.

The battery keeps draining after the car is left and not used for about 3 days. Have had new batteries, alternator checked. It has actually been at 4 garages and no-one can see or understand why it's draining. All the usual responses to a womanm who admitidly knows nothing about cars apart from how to drive them! lol sorry it's getting to me now. They cannot see where the drain is coming from, no lights and they are saying that I will have to live with it. Even Audi garage do not want to know.

Is there anyone out there who has any suggestions, I am out of ideas...
:biglaugh:

kenney
16-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi If as you say the battery is flat after 3 days and you have been to 4 workshop,then i would suggest finding a workshop that knows what to look for,for there is definitely,some thing wrong some where,

foxallstars
17-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks.

youngalbert
18-04-2009, 12:58 AM
might be a stupid suggestion but try checking the light in the glovebox actually goes out when it is shut, and check boot light as well. hope this helps!