PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet and tailgate warning lights not working

prames
16-04-2009, 12:39 PM
The bonnet open and tailgate open warning lights on my Golf Mk5 have stopped working. Anyone got any ideas?

HiTorque
17-04-2009, 06:24 AM
The bonnet open and tailgate open warning lights on my Golf Mk5 have stopped working. Anyone got any ideas?

I suggest checking fuses first according to the manual

prames
17-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I have checked the fuses shown in the user handbook and they are all ok. Both the bonnet and tailgate switches still operate the alarm. Does this suggest that the fault is in the control module for the instrument display?

Carlos André
21-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I have checked the fuses shown in the user handbook and they are all ok. Both the bonnet and tailgate switches still operate the alarm. Does this suggest that the fault is in the control module for the instrument display?

Hi all, I have the same problem in my VW Golf MK5 1.4L. The light for the open bonnet is not coming on when this one is open, any ideas? The bonnet catch is working fine, not problem, but the Nacional Car Test center is not passing me the car without this working! Safety device, they say!!