PDA

View Full Version : Down Under and Hot!

KevinS
05-01-2006, 06:23 AM
G'day all, well it may be darn cold over in the UK but we are enjoying 28+degree (C) days and 14 degree nights currently. Which is where my problems begin......... the air con on my Audi quattro (90 - 20 valve) has never worked for more than a couple of weeks at a time!! Looks like the evaporator has karked it - anyone know whether this is doable in place without taking all of the dash out??
Any how....... I spent my first 20 years on VW (then VW/Audi) moving to South Africa on contract for 2 years in 81/82 - Lindsay Saker VW/Audi before returning to the UK and getting my life goal job as a Technical Trainer at VAG Milton Keynes on my return - great place, great people, great pay, crap weather!! Moved over to Sydney in 1990 as VW/audi came over (setup meetings via the German Factory but it was like moving in to a void!! - She'll be right was the message and a very different scene met me over here. They have improved, but the standard would never meet with UK, German or US standards!!
But.... they do have the weather - nice to say hello - any help with the Sir Con appreciated (I know it was a bit of a rarity when i was in the UK but it's pretty much standard here!)
Cheers - kev