PDA

View Full Version : Help me unlock my gama radio, please!

rokinegh
15-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I bought 1998 VW Passat (chassis: WVWZZZ3BZWP363726) a few months ago and when I sent it to a mechanic to service, he tampered with the battery terminals. The gamma radio/cassette (with CD changer in the boot) is now switched to SAFE mode - asking for the code. Unfortunately, I just found out the code is ripped out of the manual by the owner. Please, please, please! I really need someone out there to guide me unlock my radio.

A few postings I have read tell me that the radio's serial number may be required. And if this is so, then where can I find this number on the car? Also, I'm very sorry post(s) of this kind already exist.

Thanks in advance

Fourbears
15-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I seem to recall that you local 'friendly' dealer may be able to provide the code. You'll probably need to take some ID and your V5 but give them a ring, you never know!

a8 tech
15-04-2009, 11:10 PM
you need the 17 digit vin number and the 14 digit radio serial number
the dealer can't charge for supplying the radio code as stated in the owners handbook,you will need evidence of your ownership but all this can be faxed to the dealer and the code can be re faxed or emailed to you without going into the dealer.
That's how we do it for customer satisfaction

snapdragon
16-04-2009, 08:33 AM
You need to pull the radio and cd changer to get the serial numbers, but surely the dealer can get the original codes without these, as I changed mine for other VW audio equipment and when the dealer disconnected the battery, they tried the original codes and then phoned me all worried to ask if I had changed the radio for a new one.