PDA

View Full Version : Question intermittent smoke tdi

cyber
15-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Also new to this. not sure where I should post this if you could let me know that would be great .

The problem im having is as follows
I have an Audi 2.5 v6 Quattro tdi 140.000 miles fsh

Now the problem is intermittent blue smoke, what happens is that ill start it up and all is fine drive for 5 min and pull up and stop and sometimes the blue smoke wafts out of the exhaust.
It seems to only do this when the car has warmed up and when the engine is at tick over! After I accelerate away it seems to clear. And I can’t feel any difference in the performance.
Any suggestions

laze70
16-04-2009, 10:24 AM
as you prob know blue smoke is oil... and an intermittent fault is the worst to pin point... with out writing pages on what this could be if i was you i would not worrie as it sounds minor at present... let it get worse (this will have a minor chance of doing any damage) and if or when it does you need to get it checked out properly by someone with good vw/audi experiance... there is nothing obvious in the discription your giving to say yes its that.... if your already having to top the engine oil up alot then this may be differant as you could be chucking out blue smoke when accelerating and cannot see it... keep your eye on that oil level.

cyber
16-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for your reply, I would say that the amount of smoke is rather a lot and more than embarising , and now happening more frequently..I will keep an eye on the oil ...thanks