PDA

View Full Version : Broken Clip on Rear Vents on Centre Armrest

mohammedpatel
14-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey All...Can you believe it.??..i was giving the inside of my car a real good going over with the hoover and just about when i'd got every last speck of dirt from the seats n carpet, i realised that the inner part of the back air vents had abit of dust inside em (..you know th ones jst on the back on the centre arm rest). I got an old rag and tried to squeeze it in between the vents ....AND...to my regret the silver bit that allows you to turn/open the vents came off in my hand..!!!...wot a sickener.!!

I think it should just clip back into place if I could get inside it..only problem is that i dont know where to start..! I aint that technical but think i should be able to do this with abit of guidance from all you fellow Golf Enthusiasts out there. Can any1 help me pls? I will really appreciate it. Thanks

P.S. I've got a 55 plate Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140bhp

hogwash
16-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Same happened to me and I couldn't reattach. VW garage are going to fix under warranty.
hogwash

mohammedpatel
17-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Same happened to me and I couldn't reattach. VW garage are going to fix under warranty.
hogwash
Any ideas as to how much this would cost to get fixed as my car is out of warranty??

The Fingers
20-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Mine was worse, have a passat with the vents in the back, they have a crome bit on the front of the little vent director, i sucked one of them off with a garage hoover, so i have now got one missing. GUTTED :zx11:

I have been trying to find one for ages - looks like i am going to have to erm borrow one from one of the CO cars at work.

sgtbanjo
21-04-2009, 09:13 PM
.....i sucked one of them off with a garage hoover.

Ahem! :biglaugh:

onzarob
21-04-2009, 09:19 PM
My rear air adjuster has detached too, I tried to re attach, but no luck, they flimsily clip together...basically IMO a rubbish design :(

hogwash
25-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Wife took mine to the VW garage and they fixed it under warranty which I was very pleased with.
My wife asked how much it would have cost to have had it fixed outside warranty but they didn't know.
hogwash:o

Ben
25-04-2009, 10:33 PM
but they didn't know.
hogwash:o

yeah right!

ring up and ask them directly. I bet its extortionate (sp)