PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Golf Turbo inlet pipe problem... HELP

comfortablynumb
14-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Hi. I have a Vw Golf 1.8T 1999 Engine code AGU. I have recently had it re mapped and am suffering Turbo lag. When I first had it done it was like a rocket, but seemed to loose that feel quite soon after. I contacted the company that did it and they suggested I replace My N75 Valve which i did, made no difference, air mass meter is new, so they said the last thing to replace is the TIP, So i ordered one from samco and when it came it was about 4 inches longer that the one I had removed. I took photos of the two pipes and sent the piks to samco who said i had a Ko4 turbo... As I have had the car from 25k i cant see that the person before me uprating the turbo. Anyway the problem is my old TIP has a metal ring at the end which fits into the turbo and the one from samco which is supposed to fit my car is an external fitting secured by a jubilee clip and as I said is far too long. I am told that this is not an unusual problem and to join this group to find help. I am desperated to get an aftermarket TIp to get the pocket rocket flying again. Can anyone help.