PDA

View Full Version : Paint Problem

KeithOT
13-04-2009, 09:13 PM
My daughter has a '95 Vento which is generally in fantastic condition apart from the bootlid, the paint lacquer is falling off. The basecoat paint is still good is there any way of repair apart from stripping or sanding & repaint/lacquering?

poleaxe
30-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Is it a red one? I've a brand new one I don't want - in Bristol

KeithOT
30-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes it is a red, not sure of the code was there more than one red colour? Bristol not so far away although she has just had a new baby boy so not travelling too far at the moment.

poleaxe
31-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Crikey! what a long shot. It's bright red - not mettalic or anything - I have it 'cos was gonna have it sprayed to my colour (blue) - silly I know - I've a blue one now
As I say - red like tomato. Will be in Bristol in a few days- i'll take a pic and send you. I travel up the M5 to shropshire and back down the A49/Wye Valley often! no bridge fee that way - and am thinking could drop it round if you feel it might be worth for you all - depends on how bad your lacquer is I guess.
Pm me?

poleaxe
06-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Keith. I'm amazed at how the time flies! Eventually extracted the bootlid from the garage.
Her are a couple of pics. It's not knew as I thought, but in very good condition. There are a few small chips - i've placed a ciggareete paper packet next to them in zoom mode - so you can see the size. The Reat is just dirty from in the garage.
It's with me in Shropshire at moment (in anticipation! lol!) am going down to Llanidloes or thereabouts toward the end of the week camping for a couple of days or so. I could easily come down the A470 to drop it off
If you fancy me meeting you or whatever (assuming youd'e like to use it as opposed to relacquer - then your're welcome to it for a nominal sum - Make me an offer - it'll go toward the derv.
Regards for now.
Paul l. 07977 280041

I can't post pm's yet !!! and can't work out the image attachments - it looks wrong to me.
Managed the attachments - doh!

You can mail me on poleaxe@tiscali.co.uk