PDA

View Full Version : ABS Unit Replacement

MartinW
04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help or offer advice.
My W-Reg Passat Estate has been in a main dealer 3 times in the space of 6 weeks as follows:-
1) Warning message - STOP CHECK BRAKES - action taken by main dealer replaced fuse
2) One week later, same message - action taken by main dealer, replaced ABS Unit, cost £1000!
3) One week later, same message - action taken by main dealer, fairly vague but with a voicemail to say that there were 'some wiring issues but the fuse stopped the ABS Unit being blown'.
The Service Manager refused to respond to my phone calls and letter and a subsequent letter to the head office was met with 'we're happy that the fault was correctly diagnosed' and with the offer of a free service.
I now have another electrical problem which needs the diagnostic machine of a main dealer.
I believe the fault the wrongly diagnosed which has cost me a lot of money. Any advice on how to pursue this and also to resolve my current problem.
Sorry for long message!
Regards
Martin

Gaz the Cab
08-01-2006, 04:36 AM
It sounds to me like you need to change dealers.
There is an INDIE (independent) company in Ellesmere Port which maybe of help.
Central VW AUDI 0151 355 1246

hurley
21-05-2006, 11:35 PM
hi there had the same problem you need a pair of ABS sensors which comes with loom to conect to your brake pads i paid £75 for mine problem solved as for dealers total waste of time rip off;)