PDA

View Full Version : Help, god do i need help. VAGCOM

csducks
13-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Is anyone out there near Halifax who can reset my on board computer with VAGCOM, I need to reset it so i can get an authentic reading to the problem my car has.

think the problem may be in the manifold flap, but as i checked the fuse while my keys were in ignition i wont now get a correct reading as i'm told that wil now show with an error regardless of if it is working.

No i know nothing about cars, no doubt thats hsows clearly with my actions above, but anyway if any one can help, itd be greatly appreciated, id obviously drive to your lcation.

Also i downladed the software of VAGCOM but cant seem to find a cable which is compatable with my Audi A3 oh its a 8P chasis.. it seems i keep getting directed back to VAGCOM's website, but tbh i dont really want to pay £200+ for a cable.

Is this my only option, ive seen copies on ebay of other types but from comments ive seen on here, dont really wanna buy something which dont work.
so guys/gals any help would be greatly appreciated in this matter

kindest regards

bearthebruce
13-04-2009, 03:18 PM
For A3 8P, you need a CAN based interface. There are no after market wires that are CAN based and work with VCDS version 805 or newer - required to support the CAN based interface. So, your least expensive option is to find someone who has either a HEX+CAN interface or a MicroCAN interface and ask them for assistance. There should be plenty of shops around that have these tools who could also help.

CDPDesign
05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm able to do the reset if you like; I'm in East Yorkshire...