PDA

View Full Version : Engine surging whilst driving

marty72
23-03-2007, 06:19 AM
I've started to notice a surg in the engine whilst driving,it doesn't happen all the time and when it does its when I'm doing around 40mph, the rev counter dances between 1500-2000 rpm. Seems to go away after accel pedal floored for few seconds,I was told at my recent service that my Lambda sensor on bank1 was faulty, could this cause this prob???
:beerchug: M

Craigkirk
23-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi, you might notice my thread I posted a couple of days ago. I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my multitronic B6 model. It is going in for a service on tues and Audi said they would look at it, although if it is the Lamda sensor then itr would be useful to know, mainly so I don't get stung for "fault searching" labour costs.

Hope you get a positive response and will let you know if my dealership get the problem resolved.

Craig

marty72
10-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Hi there was wondering if you got this problem sorted?. Cheers M

Craigkirk
10-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi there, I was informed that a new clutch might resolve the issue as it appears to slip when the gearbox oil gets up to operating temperature. I ended up part-exchanging the car with the buyer taking on the known risk - he may have got it resolved and made a nice profit on it, or he may not have, but Audi tried squeezing a new gearbox out of the issue. Sorry I can't be of further help.