PDA

View Full Version : wierd hazard operation for VWs?

mike_eoIII
12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi, i'm a new member here, having just bought an s reg passat 1.9TD.
i did a search, and the question has been asked before it seems, but with no reply.
basically i prob wouldn't have noticed it without my fitting of a towbar today.
basically the hazards only work correctly when the indicator stalf is in the turn right position. if it's in it's normal position, only the LHS hazards operate. is this a wierd VW thing???
it may be that it's something to do with the wiring for the towbar, but i don't think so as i've removed all the wiring mods and it still works like that. everything else seems to work as expected.

any ideas anyone??

thanks

snapdragon
12-04-2009, 01:08 PM
A different part number is listed for a hazard switch (when tow bar fitted) - maybe that is it, but I can't see how.

mike_eoIII
12-04-2009, 02:48 PM
hi snapdragon :) , thanks for the reply.

from ur response then, it's not normal.

the thing is, i wouldn't really have noticed it if sat in driver's seat with hazards on.

i put the wiring back as it was before fitting the towing lights, and it still does the weird thing, that's why i was wondering if it was something VW designed. seems not. i don't care a massive amount, as long as it will pass an MOT in a year's time, although if an easy fix, i will get it sorted.

martin1810
12-04-2009, 02:57 PM
The hazard switch supply is fused, left and right. You blew a fuse. Check the fuse in the fuse box and the other one on the relay plate under the dash.