PDA

View Full Version : What is this cable??

TDi_B5
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Took the glove box out today and pulled part of the carpet up in the passenger footwell. when you remove the lower trim (closest to the passengers left foot) it reveals a load of cables and connectors. There was a loose brown coloured cable with a connector that isn't plugged in, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to plug it in? Does anyone know what is it? Or if it needs to be plugged in? The part number is 8AO 972 623, I have googled it but nothing comes up, I think its correct, the writting is so small.

Excuse the poor pics, only had the phone handy at the time!

hongkongstuey
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
i have a feeling it may be a plug for heated seats, if everything works ok and you dont have them then it may be the fact that they can be retrofitted or its one loom for all models, dont know but with it being one wire i'd say it could be? seat would be the ground for earth so would only need one wire. ive looked on vagcat for part number but not found exact one, what year is your car? ive done search for mine 1999 b5

are both plugs for seat related motors/heaters

TDi_B5
11-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Mine is a 1997 Passat TDI Sport. Thanks for looking it up, I thought it might be something for a higher spec model.