PDA

View Full Version : MkV roof aerial

spider-man
11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi all,

long time coming back to the forum, golf is finally back at home now. it has come back with a broken roof aerial (and scrapes to the roof) after being caught under a car park barrier :aargh4:

Could someone with access to a parts list confirm if this is the correct part number please: 1J0035501C [see attached pic] or is this for a markIV?! i did call the dealer but the chap couldn't find it whilst i was on the phone and i'm still waiting for my call back since thursday(!)

it's a 2005 (55) without sat nav or phone prep so standard beesting aerial. I've still got the mast, but the base is in bits so i'll be pulling down the roof lining properly to get at after the scratches have been sorted. I had a brief look yesterday and have removed the bolt quite easily just sticking my hand in, however i could not see what connection it is...?

I have considered 'upgrading' seeing as i have to start from the base up, but the shark fins don't seem to have very good reception from reading other posts and other options seem limited. I may buy the Sharan antenna (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=50931)that i've just seen on the sticky but dunno yet! Also seen the GPS aerial on ebay but unsure if it's worthwhile just for looks (as i won't be using the GPS connections of it).

thanks for reading

richard@thebrae
11-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi I have a MKV golf 58 plate (Jan 2009) I have just swopped the Head unit for a Chinese RNS Clone and I have radio reception problems.
Can you confirm to me if the base is an amplified unit like the attached pic which was off my last car (a Passat), and how easy was it to get at the nut inside the roof lining.

spider-man
12-04-2009, 12:55 AM
hoping someone will still look up at my post to answer it :nervous:

but to answer your question i don't know if the one on the mkV is the same as your pic. as you can see from the attached image all i have left on my roof is the metal base plate. I did pick up the mast, the rubber gasket and the plastic housing from the floor. it is quite possible that the PCB flew off somewhere; if you look closely at the pic you can just about see the small bit of wire pointing upwards (sorry it's not clearer, I used my phone to shoot the pic at night and it's macro ability is poor) and looking at your pic it makes sense that it connects to a PCB.

The roof lining is relatively easy to pull down - take the thin strip off from the back of the roof and you'll have access to the roof. only thing is there isn't much space to work so from what i've read it's better to take the side panels, C-pillar lining etc off. I did manage to pull it down enough to slip my hand inside to remove the bolt, however the connector is tucked back so i couldn't see it.

The other pic I've attached is from another site - hence trying to find out if that part number will work for me...