PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Vag tacho key matching problem

VAGSS
11-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I have bought vag tacho V2.2 and I have obtained my SCK 4 digits pin. But when I tried to adapt a new key, (followed the steps "Program new key" I entred my pin, Number of new keys 1 is already selected and I press ok then it says ok and it asks to disconnect, turn ignition off and back on with the new key and wait 5 seconds). I did and I was waiting for about 1min but nothing happened when I tried to start the engine with new key I says engine workshop....

Anyone knows what are the correct steps to adapt new key using vag tacho V2.2. The car is passat 53 plate TDI Sport 130bhp.

anyhelp will be appreciated
Thanks

ini
11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Was the key transponder new, as only 'virgin' unused transponders can be matched to immo3 cars. (around £7 non-trade)

What immo dash lights/flashes occured when you first tried to match the key?

VAGSS
11-04-2009, 06:16 PM
The key was not virgin I bought it off ebay but it is exactly the same frequency and code. The iimmob orange light "car with key inside it" flashes alse the orange glow wire falshes too.

Do u mean that I need to use the erase key option to make my new key virgin then program it?

Thanks

ini
12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
The transponder chip/capsule inside the blade part of the flip-key needs to be brand new and 'unused'.

Immo3 ignition transponder chips use a 'lock bit' and can only be matched to a single car.

The remote 'button' half of the key will operate the central locking, but the immob transponder chip buried in the flip-blade part of the remote needs to be changed for a new one inorder for it to be matchd to the instruments/ignition and let you start the car.

The best option may be to purchase a new flip/blade half of the remote containing a new transponder appropriate to your model.

VAGSS
12-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Thank you ini for your replies,

The key came with a blank blade so I had to cut it at my local lock smith to match my car. So according to your comments I should be able to prgram it to my car? But the problem at the final stage of prgramming using vag tacho, it says to disconnect turn the ignition off and back on with the new key and wait 5seconds, when I do this the key is not programmed????.

Anyone used vag tacho to program a new key?

kenney
12-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Try this,Enter ECU and erase any fault codes,and erase stored values,then try and programme the key.

VAGSS
12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I have cleared ECU errors (I dont know where to clear stored values In tacho) and I tried again, The new key started the car the first time but when I turned the engine off and tried it again It said immobi Activated engine workshop.... I dont understand Is it me, Tacho or the car???

Please help I dont wanna give up and go to VW *******

kenney
12-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I'am not familiar with Tacho,but from experiance,with VAS,it can be sometimes problematic,to code keys when there is a fault logged in the ECU.However,clear the faults before programming any keys.The same applys to the dash insert.To clear stored values in the ECU,login engine management, 01 and go to adaption 10 and clear stored values 00.Then try to programme the key.

ini
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Where did the new key come from, and what car is it for?

If the key was unused it should be ok.

From you description, is it possible that it has a fixed code transponder (no crypto, just ID) for an earlier immo2 model inside the key?

VAGSS
12-04-2009, 02:11 PM
I have bought the new key from ebay and It was not cut so I presumed it to be new. But not entirely sure. (is there a way to know?)

How do i check if it has a fixed code transponder? The only thing I know is the key code which is HLO 1JO 959 753 AH 434 MHz. and the blade was new when the key arrived.

ini
12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Checking the transponder may be difficult, as you can use many later crypto types on earlier cars, even if they have previously been matched to a vehicle.

You could physically examine the transponder and see if it has any markings, this would only really work with the philips ID42/44 chips as the megamos are a fairly blank glass capsule.

However i would not open up the key, as it is easy to scratch or damage it, and ruin the badge.

I think your best bet may be to contact the ebay seller, and explain that you may have been sent an immo2 transponder in error, when you need an immo3 transponder, and try and get a replacement key half.

Alternatively an autolocksmith should be able to tell you what transponder is in the key, but it may be simpler to try and get a replacement.

I am only guessing that you have the wrong transponder type in the key, as you said the car would start on the first try, then fail on the second (no crypto exchange).

kenney
12-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I tend to agree with ini,however, quote (the number of keys is already selected and i just press ok)which means in reality,you have one key coded and you are trying to code a second key without the system being programmed to accept a second key.Does this make sence?You need to delate the learned values of 1 key and enter 0 and ok,then try go through the procedure and adapt the key you have,Or try adapting it for 2 keys,using of course the same key.Don't forget to delate the faults on the dash and engine control unit for each unsuccesfull start attempt.

VAGSS
13-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I am very confused, I have read somwhere else that the vag tacho could be dodgy!! is that possible?

Anyone near West London (Uxbridge) who uses Vagcom can help me program the key please?

many thanks