PDA

View Full Version : digital speed displayed on dash

Matt_N
10-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi

I have driven several A6's. My last one 2007 a6 saloon showed the speed digitally between the rev counter and speedo. I have recently driven a 55 plate and a 58 plate without this feature. Is it possible to alter the settings to display it or is a a model/mmi version issue?

Thanks

Matt

alogbe
12-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I have an A6 with MMI "basic plus", and showing the speed digitally (in either mph or kph) is among the setup options.

I don't know the significance of "55 plate" and "58 plate" - is this part of the UK licence system? Mine is a 2007.

Matt_N
12-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Thanks for that. Whereabouts in settings is it please?

You are correct - 58 etc is the UK license/registration date 08 = 1st half 2008, 58 = back half of 2008!

Matt

alogbe
13-04-2009, 09:10 AM
My handbook warns me that not all versions of the MMI system are the same, but on my car -

(1) the SETUP button in the centre console gives you a menu that includes "measurement units", which lets you choose miles or km;

(2) the little button marked RESET on the underside of the windscreen wiper lever lets you cycle through the various things that can be shown on the small screen, one of which is a digital display of your speed.

Good luck!

Akash
13-04-2009, 11:50 AM
That's correct...hit the button under the wiper lever and you'll get it (hopefully!)

All the Audi A6's I've had so far has had a default setting if I remember correctly to be on the large time/temperature visual screen rather than the speedo... pressing that button cycles it round