PDA

View Full Version : Question Sound Insulation in engine bay

Manutor
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I have a strange one and wondering if any other jetta users have the same problem. Not had my my TDI DPF Sport long, about 4 weeks and checked the oil at the weekend and when i lifted the bonnet the sound insulation was hanging down at the part nearest the windsreen. The sound insualtion has tangs that 'plug' into the bonnet. Put them back in and shut the bonnet. Following day checked it again at work and they had come out. Currently have them stuck in place with masking tape. Has anyone else had the same problem as it seems daft to book it into the VW dealer for warranty work over it but it has discoloured the plastic covering on the engine as iut has been resting on it and getting warm.

Kevinstaffs
12-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Don't be daft, take it straight back and get it fixed. We pay them enough for the cars in the first place! :D

MDA123
21-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Same as my Jetta. I attached a small piece of velcro tape (the furry bit) to each tag, folded it over to stick to itself and poked it in the hole - worked a treat (doesn't even show) and hardly worth taking it back to complain..........

Manutor
21-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for that. In fact to it into the garage today and they are going to fit a new one. They think it's not right but i somehow think it won't fix it. It's a fundemtal design error but i'll see how it goes first. I'll let you know how it goes. Going in Tuesday to be doen while i wait.

Thanks again for the tip

MDA123
30-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Hi Manutor - did you get the sound insulation replaced okay?

Manutor
01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Replaced fine thanks while i waited. New one fits like a glove and all looks fine. The new one is different as well. It has a heat shield just above the engine which the old one didn't!