PDA

View Full Version : Question Advice/info wanted on subtle engine and suspension mods on MK5 GTI (08) ?

shaft-50
09-04-2009, 10:34 PM
That time again to ask a q's.

Well I have been upgrading my MK5 GTI slowly for some months now with some subtle changes cosmetically, however, I am thinking about doing some changes in the engine area and also to the suspension/ride.

Can anyone advise/recommend what I could do under the hood/bonnet area. I dont want to go OTT with what I do and dont want to remap engine etc but would consider small sensible changes ?.

Also, I would like to lower my ride a little, but after speaking with VW, apparently my GTI has come with R32 suspension setup and thus they are unable to offer anything different. Is there something out there that either you guys have got/used or can recommend to me.

I am guessing I will have to change the shocks and springs to keep it all in line with each other and not voiding any warranties etc.

My car is a late 2008/58 plate Golf GTI DSG 5dr.

Any advice/suggestion or recommendations will be appreciated on this one and also if anyone has any other ideas which are of quality and subtle nature, these too most welcome :o