PDA

View Full Version : 19" wheels and S Line suspension

73kingstonroad
08-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi...
In the July 08 book it states 19" wheels and the S Line suspension (-30 lower) can not be selected together. Some Issues when fully loaded.
But in the Feb 09 / April 09 there is no mention of this.
So is it possible to order the two together now.
MY10 models incl.

Thanks

Martin

ScottyUK
08-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I can't see it in the Jan or Feb brochure but they still wouldn't allow it.

Probably worth asking....although I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for the adaptive when mines re-ordered.

troc
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I can't see it in the Jan or Feb brochure but they still wouldn't allow it.

Probably worth asking....although I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for the adaptive when mines re-ordered.

Having spent the last 2 days driving a 1.8T SE, I can say this:

GET THE ADAPTIVE SUSPENSION

The standard is rubbish and I can only assume the sports is worse.

John, now Audi-less

B6Andy101
13-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Having spent the last 2 days driving a 1.8T SE, I can say this:

GET THE ADAPTIVE SUSPENSION

The standard is rubbish and I can only assume the sports is worse.

John, now Audi-less

Suspension preference is as much a personal choice as colour.

I have the S line with 20mm drop and 19" alloys and can not fault the ride. That said I am not driving in the Midlands where pot holes have not been attended to since the blitz.

drmartin
13-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Suspension preference is as much a personal choice as colour.

I have the S line with 20mm drop and 19" alloys and can not fault the ride. That said I am not driving in the Midlands where pot holes have not been attended to since the blitz.

There is a very nice stretch of the m42 just before the M40 turn off, that given the correct car setup, would shake your teeth out. Great fun...

M

rmckenzie
20-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Having read this thread, I checked this with my dealer. Apparently the issue has been recently corrected by Audi and you can now have the 19" 7-spoke double arm alloys with the 30mm lower suspension.

AWAITING - 2.0 Tdi S-line Executive, phantom black, 19" 7 arm alloys, parking system plus.

Jop
20-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Having read this thread, I checked this with my dealer. Apparently the issue has been recently corrected by Audi and you can now have the 19" 7-spoke double arm alloys with the 30mm lower suspension.

AWAITING - 2.0 Tdi S-line Executive, phantom black, 19" 7 arm alloys, parking system plus.

Interesting, there has been lots of threads about weather or not it was now possible.

I have ordered the 19" and Adaptive sus. What drop does this mean I would get?

troc
20-05-2009, 05:29 PM
As far as I am aware, the active suspension comes with your choice of a 20mm drop OR a 20mm drop :D

It's one of the reasons the die-hard modifiers never get active suspension because it's hard to adjust later on.

John

73kingstonroad
20-05-2009, 06:45 PM

Hi...
I've just tried ringing Audi (uk)... They have gone home for the night.:aargh4:
Where did you get this information from, as I have just come off the phone with the Audi dealership in sheffield and the sales guy said he'd spoke to you and was checking with Audi (uk), but he hadn't heard anything to say the issue hadn't been fixed.:confused:

I'm confirmed as week 24 and if it has been fixed I'd like to have that option of the S Line suspension (-30mm) with my 19" 7 Arm wheels.:1zhelp:

Martin

73kingstonroad
20-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi... rmckenzie.

unable to PM you.

Still waiting on a reply from you.

I'll be ringing Audi (uk) in the morning to find out if your information is true or not.

Martin

rmckenzie
21-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi... rmckenzie.

unable to PM you.

Still waiting on a reply from you.

I'll be ringing Audi (uk) in the morning to find out if your information is true or not.

Martin
Apologies for not responding sooner......the information I received is through the third party purchasing the vehicle on my behalf, who contacted Audi directly to confirm that the 19" double spoke can be ordered with the 30 mm drop. If the car is delivered with the 20mm sports suspension and not the s-line suspension, I won't be happy!.

I also rang Audi Sheffield to confirm that the response I had received via the third party was correct.....but as you have found out, Audi Sheffield (who were very helpful) couldn't confirm this last night and said they would get back to me by Friday this week.

If you can't have the 19" alloys with 30mm drop then I'd rather change my order and drop to the 18" 5-spoke star alloys, which may prove difficult as my car is currently in build.... :-~

73kingstonroad
21-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi...

Have just come off the phone with my dealer.
They know nothing of this, but are checking just in case.

Martin

Bratty
11-06-2009, 03:26 AM
I know its always been a bone of contention but I think audi are sorting there act out! I have ordered an S-line (MY2009) with the-30mm drop. The dealership FORGOT to specify it and it has been an ongoing issue!! I got the ELSA factory print out today for the updated MY2010 and NO POO! the thing has come STANDARD with the correct S-line Suspension, as the dealer has remarked more by luck than judgement.

Dunk

rmckenzie
11-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I know its always been a bone of contention but I think audi are sorting there act out! I have ordered an S-line (MY2009) with the-30mm drop. The dealership FORGOT to specify it and it has been an ongoing issue!! I got the ELSA factory print out today for the updated MY2010 and NO POO! the thing has come STANDARD with the correct S-line Suspension, as the dealer has remarked more by luck than judgement.

Dunk

I take delivery of my car next week and have confirmed (painstakingly) with the dealer that it has actually been built with the 30mm drop and 19" 7 arm wheels. They assure me it has so we'll see!! (I'm ready for an argument if not!). It was built week 21, as I think from previous posts there have been issues post May 8th in building cars with 19" rims and the -30mm drop.

Happy to hear yours has arrived to the correct spec, post pics when you can :beerchug:

jonathon555
11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
So if -30mm is standard now is the 20mm obsolete can anyone decode the option codes from the front of the service book ?

jonathon555
11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
just decoded my car options :

E4J = "S-line"
7A3 = CD player
4UF = Drivers and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
6XD = Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable/heated
5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
6TS = Right exterior mirror: aspherical, large viewing field
1KW = Disc brakes, rear
J1U = Battery 450 A (95 Ah)
1LT = Disc brakes, front
1AT = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
1BV = Sports suspension/shock absorption
3FA = Without roof insert (standard roof)
5TG = Decorative aluminum inserts, dulling
7X0 = Without park distance control
F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
8GU = Alternator 140 A
0G1 = Gearshift lever
0YE = Weight range 5 installation control only, no requirement forecast
0JD = Weight category front axle weight range 4
TH3 = 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 L unit 03L.B
3NZ = Rear seat bench unsplit, backrest split folding
8BP = Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp
U1B = Instrument insert with mph speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer
X2B = National sales program Great Britain
1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)
2PU = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel
8Q3 = Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)
9Q4 = Multi-function display/on-board computerwith check control
8Z5 = Not hot country
D92 = 4-cyl. turbo dies. eng. 2.0 l/105 kW 4V TDI common rail Base engine is TH3/TG3/TL4/TM4/TP4
7Q0 = Without navigation device
C8S = Alloy wheels 8J x 18
7K0 = Without tire pressure warning light
4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
2K7 = Reinforced bumpers
3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats
4KC = Side and rear windows in heat-insulatingglass
3Y0 = Without roll-up sun screen
4K2 = Radio remote controlled central locking "SZV"
5D7 = Carrier frequency 868 MHz without panic button
1SA = Without additional engine guard
7MG = Emission standard EU5
Q1D = Sports front seats
4GQ = Windshield in heat-insulating glass

dont know which one is -30mm drop ?

my car also has heated seats , alcan lether, symphony cd, cruise

used this website http://igorweb.org/equidec/

some one with 20mm drop & 19's give it ago just use the codes in the front of your service book

Bratty
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Have to mention that my car is left-hand-drive but is going to be UK registered. Therefore it starts life as a German model (out of the control of Audi UK`s grip) and is converted to conform with UK legislation. I can definetly say that in Germany the brouchure states that S-line = S-line (-30mm) as standard and you must specify the Sports suspension (-20mm) logical!, hence against what my dealership ordered (and luckily for them!) my car will be delivered as I had originally desired. Also here in sausage-eating land there is currently no conflict between the -30mm drop and 19inch wheels UNLESS you have the Dynamic suspension Fitted! The problem was only ever about the tyres coming in contact with the inner wheel arches in EXTREME situations! ie. trying to get away from the police!
Allegedly!?! I wait to be corrected.

Dunk

Bratty
11-06-2009, 07:49 PM
1BV is the -30mm

Dunk

jonathon555
11-06-2009, 08:05 PM
1BV is the -30mm

Dunk

ok , my car has hill hold as well, cant see that one, or seat heating

wonder what the code for -20mm is ?

Bratty
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
UH2 Hill Hold Assist
4A3 heated Front Seats

Dunk

jonathon555
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
UH2 Hill Hold Assist
4A3 heated Front Seats

Dunk

why are they not listed on my car ?or in my service book sticker

the car also has model & engine capacity deletion.

B19RAK
11-06-2009, 10:47 PM
So if -30mm is standard now is the 20mm obsolete can anyone decode the option codes from the front of the service book ?

Right, i ordered 19" arms with standard suspension as they said it was not compatible with the SLine.

So, will i get what i ordered or will i have 30mm Sline suspension?

jonathon555
11-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Right, i ordered 19" arms with standard suspension as they said it was not compatible with the SLine.

So, will i get what i ordered or will i have 30mm Sline suspension?

:dunno:

get your build sheet

B19RAK
11-06-2009, 11:28 PM
:dunno:

get your build sheet

Next question, will the dealer oblige giving it to me or think why do I need to know?

jonathon555
11-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Next question, will the dealer oblige giving it to me or think why do I need to know?

should give you it with a struggle

MC09PJC
12-06-2009, 02:50 PM
ok , my car has hill hold as well, cant see that one, or seat heating

wonder what the code for -20mm is ?

1BV = Sports suspension/shock absorption

The Audi sales book says..

-20mm sports suspension
-30mm s line suspension

I wonder if the code listed for -30mm suspension would read something like..

*** = S line suspension/shock absorption

Bratty
12-06-2009, 04:18 PM
The following is an exert from a letter explaining the build problemsI had with my A4 Avant from my Audi Franchise Managing Director (if he has been informed incorrectly on this issue then DOG help us mere members of the general public!!!)

Quote:- " I am now assured that your car is built with sports suspension (minus 30mm) build code 1BV so we do not now have this discrepancy to contend with. I am emailing you (separately) a detailed schedule of your cars build codes taken from Audi's ELSA technical information system ( this information was not available to us prior to physical build). Suspension is detailed on serial number 104 as code 1BV - I'm told Audi Customer Services provided you with a list of all build codes so you should be able to check. This ELSA data (PR numbers) is taken from the factory build systems and is the definitive specification reference. We have also checked the ETKA parts interpretation system for your chassis number and it confirms the fitment of minus 30mm springs and shock absorbers) Audi's constantly changing specification has confused issues certainly for my staff - the brochure I have been shown today is certainly ambiguous. Your car is a 2010 model year."

OK that hopefully has sorted this issue, Dunk.

jonathon555
12-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Just check on my cars build dialog with the dealer 1BV = -30mm

Th build sheet for the car says it was fitted with -30mm

So what is the code for -20mm :dunno:

Bratty
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Just to re-clarify what I posted earlier in case it has been mis-interpreted. My car is LHD therefore is scourced from the production line that produces vehicles for the German market. The firm Audi AG. is different from Audi UK. and also has different rules on specification ie. they have recentley changed their brochure to S-line Exterior pack standard with -30mm (you can spec two levels of s-line (interior only or interior and Exterior together)).
Audi UK as far as there brochure is concerned is as before ie. you must spec the-30mm.
There are somepeople who prefer the softer ride qualities of the -20mm (people who regularly get there prostate checked by Dr. Hugefingers) and therefore it remains an option.
IMO ordering an S-line it is more logical to have -30mm fitted as the norm.

Dunk

Bratty
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Ok just been down to the surgery of Dr. Hugefingers and waited outside till a new Audi A4 with -20mm suspension owner came out holding ther buttocks, I asked "do you have the code for the suspension that you have fitted" and surprisingly he did! It is PDA.;)

Dunk

jonathon555
12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
1BE is the -20mm suspension

Bratty
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
I do not doubt that info 1BE sounds logical, my info came from the Audi AG. site PDF configurator where I specced -20mm and thats the info it spewed out at me! But as I am saying the anommolies between the UK and everywhere else are quite large. PDA could well be some sort of packet with it in ie. PQD is S-line exterior packet etc. But I do know that there are a lot of options that are not available which I personally would have liked to have had the oppurtunity to have:-

A00- Factory self-collection
PK6- Stand Heizung (regulates the inside temp of the car by remote control or pre-set timer, you can set it to come on in winter and it keeps your car ice free and pre-warmed also has a summer function but not to sure on that).

Dunk

MC09PJC
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Taken from the post 'Have a look at this'

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=72172

Four suspension versions are used on the Audi
A5.The standard suspension 1BA is basic equipment.
A sports suspension 1BE will be optional.
Both suspension versions have the same ride
height, but different springs, shock absorbers and
anti-roll bars.A suspension system with electronic
damping control 1BL is a third option.
This feature allows the driver to select between comfortable
and sporty suspension set-ups at the touch
of a button.quattro GmbH offers an S-Line suspension
1BV. It has an even more sporty suspension
setup than the sports suspension, and ride height is
10 mm lower than 1BA and 1BE.

This confirms what you have said previously...

Spot on, Thanks

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Bratty
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Just scanned through the Audi.ie (souther ireland) website, and first I have to say it does come across as if was written on the back of a fag packet. But it does quote "Note aluminium wheels 8.5J X 19 only in conjunction with (1BE) sports suspension!?!

Also :- S-line is "chromed exhaust tailpie trims (4 cylinder, except A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI)

Why do Audi not make it clearer I mean if the dealers are messing up the orders regularly:confused:.

Dunk

MC09PJC
12-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Just scanned through the Audi.ie (souther ireland) website, and first I have to say it does come across as if was written on the back of a fag packet. But it does quote "Note aluminium wheels 8.5J X 19 only in conjunction with (1BE) sports suspension!?!

Also :- S-line is "chromed exhaust tailpie trims (4 cylinder, except A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI)

Why do Audi not make it clearer I mean if the dealers are messing up the orders regularly:confused:.

Dunk
Yeh, I've just had a look through it and the thing I like is all the codes are there.
1BE, 1BV and 1BL

Good find...

Bratty
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM
You have to admit though it is a VERY low budget presentation! And I would not be to confident on its up to dateness? But lots of info.

Dunk

Bratty
13-06-2009, 12:01 AM
B19rak, If I was a betting man I would hedge my money on you getting what you ordered ie. 19 inchers with the-20mm sports Suspenders. But it really is such an unclear cluster**** that you would think that someone from Audi would cotton on and make it crystal clear by now!!!

Dunk

73kingstonroad
18-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi...
I have been intouch with my dealer today and they have confirmed that it has been built and are sending me the ELSA report on the car.
According to the ELSA report my car has been built with the 1BE suspension, so that's the -20mm set up.
It's what I ordered at the time so I'm kind of pleased.
I would of liked the 1BV -30mm set up but it wasn't available at the time of ordering.
I'm still not convinced that both the 1BV -30mm set up and 19's can be conbined on a factory build.

The dealer said it should be with them by the end of next week, so collection should be before the end of the month.

Martin

73kingstonroad
22-06-2009, 05:08 PM
The elsa report on my car came today in the post....
4 pages of info.
I can confirm that it is as ordered, ie -20mm suspension...

One thing i did spot was the entry.. 98 RON fuel added...
That's good, Now I just have to get the dealer to put the same in...

Martin