PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Cradle

74ns
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I had enquired to my dealer about the Blackberry Cradle, as I will need to charge mine in the car, he was advised that they wern't available! So after some searching around on this forum and internet I managed to get Manufacturers Contact Details and Part Number and forwarded to him (as manufacturer stated only authorised Audi Dealerships can purchase). He then proceeded to Audi UK to request one, who in turn asked him all sorts of questions, apparently rather upset with him, where did you get all this info etc etc!

Just spoke to my dealer who says my new car arrived , has been fully valeted and inspected and no issues at all (as far as he is concerned!), all fitted with the equipment I ordered including a rigid boot liner and yes a BLACKBERRY CRADLE! Just waiting for the Tax Disc to arrive from DVLA for collection date.(hopefully tomorrow)!

Hopefully still have a smile on my face on collection! :biglaugh:

Just got email from my dealer, "Yes they are all available to Audi UK now which is good, they cost £110.00"

a8 tech
08-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes Blackberry cradle is supported as of march 2009

gregpawley
09-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Please can someone give me the contact details of the cradle manufacturer, I am still struggling to get the phonebook reliably synced with the car with my Nokia N96, and so a cradle might be the way forward.

Has anyone got an up-to-date list of compatible phones using Bluetooth, as the ones I have seen most of the phones listed are old and obsolete?

Many thanks,

Greg.

Audi A4 2.0T, Lava Grey, Piano black inserts, S Line Executive, Heated front seats, Bang & Olufsen, Telephone prep low, Parking Plus, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, Interior light package, Folding mirrors.

thewaterboy08
09-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey 74ns

Will you let us know how you get on with the Blackberry cradle. I wanted to get one but dont want to waste £110 if they dont work that well

Mine blackberry works very well with bluetooth but would like the charger option and also external ariel to improve reception.

jakerade
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
if you have an antenna connection on your blackberry it is very easy to make blackberry antenna adapter from an old nokia 6310 cradle.

74ns
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Will do mate, just waiting on the DVLA to send the dealer the Tax Disc! taking forever.....

cpd1
11-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Has anyone got an up-to-date list of compatible phones using Bluetooth, as the ones I have seen most of the phones listed are old and obsolete?

Greg,
Just checking you must have seen this, Audi seems to update this page (http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/Technology/electronics/communication/mobile_phone_database.html) regularly, iphone last update Mar 10 with latest firmware for instance.

magician
12-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I had enquired to my dealer about the Blackberry Cradle, as I will need to charge mine in the car, he was advised that they wern't available! So after some searching around on this forum and internet I managed to get Manufacturers Contact Details and Part Number and forwarded to him (as manufacturer stated only authorised Audi Dealerships can purchase). He then proceeded to Audi UK to request one, who in turn asked him all sorts of questions, apparently rather upset with him, where did you get all this info etc etc!

Just spoke to my dealer who says my new car arrived , has been fully valeted and inspected and no issues at all (as far as he is concerned!), all fitted with the equipment I ordered including a rigid boot liner and yes a BLACKBERRY CRADLE! Just waiting for the Tax Disc to arrive from DVLA for collection date.(hopefully tomorrow)!

Hopefully still have a smile on my face on collection! :biglaugh:

Just got email from my dealer, "Yes they are all available to Audi UK now which is good, they cost £110.00"
Hi there,
PLEASE can you give me more info re the Blackberry cradle? I have a Bold and am trying to find one for that.
Many thanks

jakerade
13-04-2009, 08:12 AM
all the cradles made by paragon are listed here

http://www.paragon-online.de/en/index.php?a=367

There are two pdf files there halfway down the page for handsets WITHOUT coiled cord

Audi UK's official line is that they dont make cradles any more and you should use the rSAP adapter.

However it would help if they brought out a software update for the rSAP adapter to make it work properly (still on v1.00!). There is a USB port and a software update button but you have to go to the dealer to get it done. I read on a german forum they are expecting an update mid 2009.

Kj5cott
13-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Magician, I have a BB 9000 Bold also and have a cradle supplied by my IT dept. It came with a sucker mount for the window which I didnt care for but in the packaging was 2 pins that slot into the air vent on the centre console. When the Bold is in the cradle it does not obscure MMi screen or other controls. I have Navig8 sat nav on my bold which, in my opinion, is better than Audi satnav or any tom tom so well worth getting the cradle. See attached photo, if interestedI will try and find our where to get one (might even have a spare in the office). Kevin

74ns
15-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Cradle works fine, charges as it should! fits perferctly in arm rest, phone slides into position easily enough.

Still fiddling with all the bluetooth phone book etc, I have managed to make a few calls so far, very clear sound.

Will update when used it a little more.

:beerchug:

rich164h
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm trying to work out if it's worth getting one of these. I currently have a Blackberry 8100 and it connects via bluetooth and allows me access to the phonebook on the MMI. What would this cradle allow me to do that I can't do already?

From reading a few threads on this the advantages seem to be:
- Charging the phone
- Use of car aerial - is this actually any different from using the phone's aerial unless you live in the outer hebrides? mobile covereage is excellent everywhere these days isn't it?

Does it allow any extra functionality?

Without any extra features it just looks like a very expensive charger! but I'm fully open to be told that it does make a difference.