PDA

View Full Version : Please Help After market cd players in '99 a3

kirstya3
08-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi, my boyfriend is looking at buying a 1999 1.8turbo audi a3, it's got a cd multi changer in the car already all setup.. was just wondering if it would be at all possible to put his own sony single slot cd player into the control dash replacing the control bit already there which is for the current multichanger. He's aware that the multi changer may not work, but he just wanted to know if it was even possible to do with regards to whether the same connections are there to put an after market cd player in like other cars.
Hope that makes sense.
Thankyou :)

loki
20-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Is it the standard CD multi change in the boot or an aftermarket one?

If it's standard you'll need an adaptor to make it work with an aftermarket head unit. Same if you wanted to say use a Sony headunit with an Alpine multi changer.

The adaptors can be quite expensive, so might be worth buying a matching headunit and multichanger new.

t85c
23-05-2009, 06:49 PM
yes you can fit one. You will need a facsia kit which can be had for quite cheat. I recently removed mine and fitted my Bluetooth Sony CD player. The standard lead that came with my head unit fitted perfectly into the connectors for the standard audi radio. You will need an extra connector for the multi changer to work. In addition if you have a factory sub in the back I am not sure if this will work as I had mine disconnected.

HOWEVER, the two fascia kits I have tired in my opinion still look crap and it does not really look flush. As a result I have put the original radio back in having wasted time and money lol. Just something to consider.