PDA

View Full Version : T5 Dead Locking - While driving Required -- ( Please Help )

RickT
06-04-2009, 11:37 PM
The below is from a member requesting help..

HI, i have a 2005 T5 with remote locking, i need to be able to dead lock the van while the engine is running

WHY ?

I have a 19 year old son with special needs and he sometimes pulls the door handle and attempts to jump out while we are in traffic.

If i could Deadlock with the remote while the enging is running at the point when we are about to start driving. This would sort the Problem

Thank You In Advance

Rg
Brendan

Thread - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66432

I have provided him a link to this section.

Rick

NickPicks
07-04-2009, 08:37 AM
If he's travelling in the back, can you not just use the child locks to effectively disable the internal door handles?

With mine (A6 C5), I have auto lock on speed enabled (the doors all lock at 10mph), but that is overridden by pulling on the inside door handles - first pull unlocks, second opens.

My remote doesn't work at all once the engine is running - even to open the boot remotely.

NickPicks
07-04-2009, 08:38 AM
If he's travelling in the back, can you not just use the child locks to effectively disable the internal door handles?

Sorry, I just wrote that and then realised that the T5 is a van isn't it? I guess he's in the front passenger seat then.

T5 TDI
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
You can make the doors lock at 10 MPH with vag-com but they will only be single locked as mentioned. (Two pulls on the handle will open the door) As far as I know the only way to deadlock the doors is with the ign off (using the remote or the key) for obvious safety reasons. Perhaps some kind of low tech solution might be better for you like a home-made cover for the passanger door handle?