PDA

View Full Version : Fitting after-market hands free kit (Parrot)

Paul_GB
06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Can anyone help please.. I have purchased a Parrot Mki9200 hands free phone/mp3 kit and want to install it in my 2006 A6 2.0TDI SE saloon. My car has the Audi MMI Basic Plus (with 5.5" monochrome MMI red display & separate 6 CD changer). The Nav CDROM and CD changer are mounted in the passenger glove box. There seems to be some confusion over how the Parrot system wires into the Audi sound system. Can anyone tell me where it connects.. indeed where the radio physically is (dash, boot..?)..? My car doesnt have Bose or B&O sound system, but is does seem to have DSP. I fitted the Parrot to the back of the Nav CDROM (via an ISO cable) and it all wired in well.. however the sound wont come out the speakers and the radio seems to come on after about 20 seconds even when the ignition key is out. Ive obviously got it wrong.. someone recommended an SOT-099 cable but when I looked at one the connectors look the wrong size for any connections on the car I can find. I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can give.. I am a bit lost on this now... thanks:1zhelp:

MFGF
18-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi,

My last A6 (55 plate Sep 2005 model) had MMI High (colour screen, 6CD changer in the glovebox, non-Bose, non-B&O) and I had a Parrot CK5100 fitted to it. In my car, the parrot connected in to the amplifier, which lived behind a panel cover in the boot on the left hand side. It might be worth checking to see if yours has an amp in the same location?

Regards,

MF.

Paul_GB
20-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Many thanks for that info.. I have looked for an amplifier inside the boot area but none to be found.. indeed there is no removable panel to access. I think I need to remove the lower front central dash facia to get to the MMI connections.. its a job for the weekend I think.. Cheers