PDA

View Full Version : clutch worry????

nc7503
06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
hi to all on here im new the world of vw and loving every moment of it well so far?? ive got a 2006 jetta 1.9 diesel now this is either me been paranoid, i have a intermitant problem. when im changing gear every time i press the clutch im getting a strange noise.now heres the hard part trying to describe it... its kind of like a low drone. if anyone has any ideas on what this could be it would be a grate help.also the car has 32k on the clock when am i due for a cambelt change?:1zhelp:

polospt
22-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi there I have recently bought a VW jetta tdi sport 08 plate a few weeks ago I am getting the same problem as yours when I select third gear and put my foor on the accelaration I get a vibrating noise it judders for a few seconds, this only happens intermitantly. It is going back to the dealers next week to diagnose the problem, I am not happy because I have heard this is due to a faulty fly wheel on clutch.

nc7503
22-04-2009, 10:41 PM
hi mate had the car looked at today at vw.it went on a ten mile road test no fault found! im not gettin the vibration through the clutch pedal as you are tho.had some other work done on it aswell had an oil leak on it so that was done foc.best of it is vw asked me how did you spot that.....what cant i take the plastic engine cover off and have a look at my own engine.just goin to keep my eye on the clutch,least its under vw warranty till september 09 and covered with the all component till march 2010.