PDA

View Full Version : Bora hesitation when accelerating

scubaking
22-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi all, like many others I am new to the forum.

Having read all other posts relating to engine power loss for the bora, I am still stuck. It's a 'W' 2000 1.6 petrol engine.

Recently the car has just lost power and seems to hesitate when accelerating. I have replaced the MAF senser, and today put a new coil in which made little difference. There is no engine mangmt light, so I havn;t bothered taking it to a garage. what do I do next?

I thought perhaps some injector cleaner but not convinced how well it works (the stuff you put in the fuel tank). I put some in a few months back but didnlt notice any difference.

Some posts mention an EGR valve, could this be a possible cause?

Any help is much appreciated.:Blush:

passatowner
29-03-2007, 08:35 AM
My Jetta hesitates as well 2.0L us market but at very low starting spead 10mph to about 15 mph just started to do so. I have the check engine light and face not passing inspection because of it. Great thing about my Jetta never had a problem with it as of yet. Anyone know if I should give a thorough tune up. I just tonight put all that fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank. I drove 40 miles or so. I will wait for results on that. I drive to and from work about 93 miles round trip every day and I have over 116000 miles. Any suggestions.

spiders8
29-03-2007, 12:46 PM
I had a similar problem with my Mk3 GTi. After £100's of pointless "repairs" (list below), what finally solved it was a new cold start valve. (Not sure if that is the correct name).

Don't know for sure whether it will solve your problem, but it might be worth getting one from a breakers yard and trying.

Good luck !

MAF sensor
Lambda sensor
Coil
plugs & leads
Removed and cleaned the throttle chamber (improved things but didn't solve the problem)

s0niX
29-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Could it to be to do with the Exhaust system?

passatowner
29-03-2007, 05:33 PM
its not a diesel engine its a gas engine. I dont think there is a cold start valve on a gas engine, is there... It needs a tune up anyway but if you guys have a suggestion.

PS anyone know where the PCV valve on the 2.0L 4cyl Jetta 2000 would be or if it is called something else. I was told to change this whe doing a tune up.

FYI - Car is a beat me up 2major accidents (first mechanical problems or any problems) and I use it for work want to save money so I am do it your self guy. Our Passat 2004 is our babied car still had issues bad spark plug coil hose problems leaks car was a year and some old 15000miles but I still love it. God I love VW