PDA

View Full Version : Question 2008 polo match TDI - anyone else had these problems?

masserator
05-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Purchased 23 march 2008
1.4TDI Polo match – Flash red, 3 door
· Did not have parking sensors fitted that were ordered when I picked up the car and had to inspect in petrol station as sales person needed to fill it up
· All plastic body panels were a different shade of red to metal – VW paint technician said was out of limits
· Re-sprayed twice but still wrong colour (in house body shop)
· Third and fourth re-spray were acceptable colour but lots of grit under paint
· Complained to sales manager and he said he would fix it and tint rear windows as a form of compensation
· Car was sent to a different body shop but in Suffolk, car came back with pain correct colour but still some grit it paint
· Knocking noise started in rear passenger wheel arch – took apart rear of car but couldn’t find fault and noise had stopped
· Noise came back again, work shop replaced strut mount on rear passenger suspension, no noise
· Noise reappeared, swapped suspension components to opposite sides, noise stopped
· Noise reappeared on driver side, replaced shock absorber
· Both driver and passenger doors have needed adjusting because of large gaps between the door and frame
· Both passenger and drivers doors strike plates needed adjusting as they have moved
· Water ingress into passenger mirror indicator – clear lens replaced
· Lacquer pealed on front bumper under passenger headlight – in house body shop repaired
· Lacquer pealing on bonnet – not resolved yet
· Suspension noise returned on driver side
· MPG is averaging over a month at 45 MPG

at present we are in talks with the new sales manager trying to reject the car has anyone else had a similar problem and what are my rights? could i get all my money back?