PDA

View Full Version : Problem identifying car.

Eammon
04-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi cars iam going to buy a 55 plate audi a3.

The owner claims it is a S-LINE DSG auto/triptronic paddle shifts.

But when I hpi checked it it says Audi 2.0 TDI Auto

Nothing about s-line and then i told him on the logbook does it say s-line and he told me no it says what the hpi showed me.

But he still claims its a s-line with s-line badges and interior

Out of curiosity whats better anyway?

And do you think hes lying or what?

kite
04-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Phone Audi CS..0800 699888
Give them the reg No, they can tell you what the car is and what options were fitted at the factory

kodkod.84
05-04-2009, 08:08 PM
My log book says A4 SE S-Line (A4 Special Edition S-Line)

Not sure what interior of A3 s-line is like but should have sports seats with larger side bolsters. Exterior a more agressive grille, larger alloys and side skirts.

Take a look at Audi Used website to find photos as well to compare the car against.

A Rowley
06-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi,
Having just bought the very same, A3 2.0tdi DSG Sline.

I needed to do a check for insurance and also see if it was a sport that had been done up.

If you go on the free reg checker sites it should come up with S Line, mine did.

As others have said, if its a 55 plate it will have part leather s line seats, black roof lining, brushed crome in the cabin, tough suspension and side skirts. 5 spoke alloys.

Optional extras for a 55 were,
Larger roof spoiler and more agressive front spoiler (although post 56 plates had this fitted as standard, it has three vents under the grill and a more pronounched lip).

Centre arm rest again an extra as is full leather.

My music is a standard symphony. Single CD player.

I intend to upgarde mine bit by bit, armrest, roof spolier then front spolier as funds allow.
Hope this helps.

Eammon
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi guys lookin at your info, it does indeed have everything a s-line would have..

18" alloys, s-line badges, 6 cd changer (bose), Half leather s-line imprinted seats etc.

But when I goto get a quote from the insurance it still comes up as

Audi a3 tdi sport auto

It says nothing about s-line what so ever?

Is this because its a DSG?

Im confused.

Scott9824
07-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I've experienced this "problem" before when looking at used cars. I wouldn't worry. Just get a quote on an S Line and give the insurance company a call when you're ready to take out a policy to make sure they put down the right spec. If the car has everything an S Line should have, I wouldn't really doubt it.

Paul Chocks
28-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I've just bought an 05 A3 S-line and had exactly the same. Insurance company quoted car as a Sport, as did HPi, as did the V5. The options sticker in the boot however shows it to be a factory s-line. This was confirmed by Audi who told me that the s-line was a style package and not a specific model.

tenbels21
29-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi mate,
Wouldn't read too much into this. I bought my car brand new in 2005 from Audi Main Dealer. Its a 2.0 TDi S line DSG, but my log book says 2.0TDi Auto Sport. I queried this with Audi on purchase of the vehicle and was told this is totally normal, my car was an S Line build from the factory and all other paperwork shows this. Seems its a generalisation of manual or auto from DVLA.

;)