PDA

View Full Version : Scirocco Owner

TheNimp
31-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Well hello to all. I own a '84 MKII VW Scirocco, one of the few and the proud! Not much to look at now but Im working on it.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/TheNimp/Scirocco002.jpg

stuart
31-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi, Welcome to the site:)

Stuart

A6 Le Mans
14-11-2006, 02:03 AM
That is one hell of a car!

I owned a Scirocco GTi when I was 18. Black, exactly like yours pictured.

I kept the car for nearly 10 years and in that time covered over 100,000 miles in it.

It was the car of my youth and without question the best car I have ever owned, even to this day. Since then I have owned Audi Quattro 20v, Audi 5000, Audi 80, Audi 100, Audi TT, Lexus Rx300 and am currently awaiting delivery of an A6 avant 3.0TDi le Mans edition.

I would dearly love to but my old Scirocco back again, and once or twice have still seen it around, I vowed that should I ever see it again, I will try and convince the owner to let me buy her back.

I rebuilt the engine on mine myself at 114,000 miles from memory, as the bores had gone oval and the rings were worn as well as the valve guides. But after a rebuild and a top end over haul she went on running great. I sold her to a friends mate, who eventually sold her on again at about 185,000 miles and still running strong.

She did have a bit of metal mouse in her by the time I let her go however, mostly just above the rear bumper, below the rear lights.

I would dearly love to get her back, restore her to her former beauty and also relive some of my youth again.

Whatever, you'll have a lot of fun with that car and if you take good care of her, she'll never let you down.

I've driven one to hell and back so I should know.

Regards

Mike G. (A6 Le Mans)

Marc97
21-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Great story Mike. Would you REALLY buy the Scirocco back if the opportunity arose?
Actually, scratch that question, there is a car I owned when I was 18 (non Audi so not relevant) that I would snap up without a thought if it was offered to me. Unfortuately, I haven't seen it for 14 years so I'm afraid its gone to car heaven.
I hope you do get yours back, it would make a great thread!!!