PDA

View Full Version : insurance

comedystu
03-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Thought I would post this up to warn anybody who is currently with either of the forementioned insurance companies for their car.

As some of you may remember a year ago last january my then car the ginger primera GT was smacked outside michelles house by means of a neighbour mis-judging their angles when reversing out of a paraell park position and smacking their o/s/r into my n/s/r casuing a 2 inch crack in my bumper and scuffing and on their a scratch to their rear bumper.

They said it was my fault and that i had drove into their car drunk the night before at around 3 in thre morn......impressive as I was in bed stone cold sober at this time.

insurance became involved halifax being mine with esure as the under writers.

few months later with still no out come I was told it may be going to court as no party is addmitting liabilty.

months past, until last nov when after still hearing nothing I got my new premium for renewal through.....LESS 3 NCB and a higher premium.

After approx 15 long calls between myself and them, michelle and them the conclusion is that yes it did go to court, when I asked where was my letter about this they replied one was sent and it is,nt their problem that I did'nt get it so hence I did'nt get to argue my case.

The crash went in the other persons favor saying I was to blame, they got paid out and I lost 3 years ncb cause of it.

The fact photos were sent showing the car positions, the wet ground with dry patches around their car where they had moved their car and their paint on my bumper did not stand for anything.

Whats more apprently I cannot claim off them either becasue 1stly I was told I was only third party (whats this got to do with me claiming off them ?) and 2ndly because I was not in the car when the accident happened they say I can't prove that they caused the damage *** ????

SO I prewarn anybody who is with or thinking of using these companies although when you go on a ins compare website you will find halifax is nearly always the cheapet then this is perhaps the reason.........just my opinion of my dealings with these companies and my very poor expierneces with them.

Stuart Andrews

RickT
04-04-2009, 01:36 AM
The above sounds pretty one sided to me from your point of view....

if you would of re-requested the documentation they would of sent it to you.

The fact is... if you can not prove you were not at fault, and the other person has a case/facts against you you need to prove them wrong.

If its gone to court their case must of been stronger than yours.

Whats more apprently I cannot claim off them either becasue 1stly I was told I was only third party (whats this got to do with me claiming off them ?)

you was told your only 3rd party................ or is it you only have a Third party, fire and theft policy???? Surely you know what policy you have?

comedystu
05-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Right Rick, please reread carefully before you posting your negative views, as I stated this is my opinion to which I am entitled

I am fully aware of what policy I have, my ins said that I cannot claim as I am 3rd party f+t (would it make a difference if I was only 3rd party ? I think not), if I was trying to claim off my own ins for the damage to my car then yes this would be the case but I am claiming off their ins so this does not come into play.

Secondly there was paint from their car on my bumper which proves that it was their car that hit mine and then there is the road surface. It had rained on said morning/night so the ground was wet yet around their car there were diagonal dry patches alongside their car where is had moved accross yet all around my car was still wet.

Photos of this were sent to my ins company and as I said it went to court but as I was not informed of this I could not go along to argue my case.

Hope this clears things up for you Rick although I'm sure you will try to find fault with this as well such as me drying the road with a hairdryer around their car and pooring water around mine to make it look in my favor

RickT
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Hope this clears things up for you Rick although I'm sure you will try to find fault with this as well such as me drying the road with a hairdryer around their car and pooring water around mine to make it look in my favor

:biglaugh: -- is that how you did it ??

Moving on.................

Ben
05-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I've been with Halifax under written by esure, I also believe that it was they whom i was insured with when i lost the fiat.

I can't complain about their service.

Having said that, i was fully comp, protected ncb and had legal cover.

elvismiggell
06-04-2009, 09:05 AM
I've been with Halifax under written by esure, I also believe that it was they whom i was insured with when i lost the fiat.

I can't complain about their service.

Having said that, i was fully comp, protected ncb and had legal cover.

Makes you wonder if you get pay related performance as it were!

If you take all the options perhaps you get better customer service?

That said I was covered by RAC when I had a cyclist claim for riding into me. I can't say as I thought much of them. They didn't keep me in the loop at all which was a nightmare when it came to renewal because I didn't know if I had any no claims bonus! I had pretty much everything, fully comp and business, legal, roadside assistance, more or less the full package.