PDA

View Full Version : judder at around 1800rpm

jamedvickni
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
HI

When ever im driving in any gear any speed at around 1800rpm to 2000rpm the whole car seems to judder just like its miss firing or coughing. happens when your using light throttle, cruising upto roundabout etc. worst when the car is cold but has happened after full temp. 2.0 gt sport tdi 140 10k

any help please

thanks

the surfer
03-04-2009, 12:38 PM
HI

When ever im driving in any gear any speed at around 1800rpm to 2000rpm the whole car seems to judder just like its miss firing or coughing. happens when your using light throttle, cruising upto roundabout etc. worst when the car is cold but has happened after full temp. 2.0 gt sport tdi 140 10k

any help please

thanks

I had this problem a while back... I got some injector cleaner and it seemed to do the trick! The problem hasn't returned anyway. You could try this first as it's very inexpensive; around £5 per bottle.

Also, have you had the 24N8 ECU software update (VW product recall)? Others have said it's made their car drive smoother, although I don't think VW have offered an explanation on what the reflash actually does, so it could just be placebo.

jamedvickni
03-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I have been running the shell top notch diesel for a while to clean out the system but as only done 10k am surprised the injectors would be clogging but shall try some next fill up. what would you recommend, millers, redex?
I asked about the recall as i had also heard it fixed the fault but they said no update for my model was avaliable

thanks

the surfer
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
I have been running the shell top notch diesel for a while to clean out the system but as only done 10k am surprised the injectors would be clogging but shall try some next fill up. what would you recommend, millers, redex?
I asked about the recall as i had also heard it fixed the fault but they said no update for my model was avaliable

thanks

I used the Redex stuff as it was cheap in Asda.

Do you mainly do short journeys? I was only doing short journeys for a while and after a few good blasts up and down the M4 it seemed to clear itself.

I think the recall was only for a certain range of cars. My Golf is 3.5 years old now. If yours is newer then I guess it's not required.

TurboBob
01-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I too have the low speed / light throttle judder symptoms when in the warm-up range, only after a 60K service which included an ECU update, so I'm not convinced that it's an injector problem. I must ask the dealer to investigate but just wondered why this problem is only reported by a couple of people.

Previously, I have had an ECU update applied by the dealer at the 20K service which caused a "cough" when accelerating on the motorway 60-70 mph. I took it back to the dealer and they did something to the ECU which was described as "resetting the ECU" - whether this means returning the ECU to a previous revision or something else was never explained.