PDA

View Full Version : Audi Warranties / customer service

s3 phill
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Anyone had any experiences good or bad regarding Audi body warranties dept?

kite
02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I've had both.....
Good, when they replaced and painted the roff rails on the wifes TT, it was 6yrs old.
Bad, when I took my B6 in for flaking laquer it was not covered as it was an old repair, but when I got on to the dealer I brought it from they denied it had been repaired...

tlionhart
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
i had the extended audi warranty. Worth every penny and had no probs. Depends on the job that needs to be carried out. If its over XXX amount they need to get permission from audi uk...usually a yes answer. Just make sure you read the 'whats not covered' section. To avoid any disappointment. The usual wear-and-tear products arn't covered. (clutch, wiring, seals, etc) You can also buy this warranty at selected audi service centers.

a8 tech
03-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Audi extended is very fair and dealer friendly where as other warranties require a engineer visit which means they are looking for a way out of paying.Other advantages with Audi courtesy car and knowledge base.A recent job highlights a certain big name recovery company warranty,turbo failure on a 1.8T A4 caused by oil supply blockage from the oil strainer.
The hole engine had run dry and extensive damage to the camshafts as well as the crank meant the hole engine and the turbo were advised but the engineer would only authorize the turbo and blamed the failure on this component only even though i showed him the damage.
Customer accepted the turbo and paid for the engine which i found unacceptable but Audi contributed to 50% to the engine and we discounted the labour for this loyal customer who now has full Audi extended warranty.

tlionhart
03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I remember paying £520 for the extended warranty after my used warranty expired. When you price it out, you are really only paying £300 for the warranty and the rest for the roadside assistance (which is with the RAC) The RAC is about £145 for a year (full pack) So it works out well.

s3 phill
06-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Ok Guys need some opinions on the situation on the following problem..
I have recently purchased a 2001 S3 from my brother who acquired it from Audi when the vehicle was 18 months old. Whilst I was giving my much loved new purchase a bit of TLC and a spring clean I noticed paint bubbling along the roof rails and by the rear wheel arch. Having brought the car from my brother I know the history and know that it was well cared for and maintained as required. After looking through the warranty my spirits were lifted to see that Audi have a 12yr corrosion warranty to cover these kind problems.
The guy I spoke to at the local dealer who measured the paint agreed the roof had not been previously repaired and he said I should have no problem with this and is should expect to get this rectified in the next few weeks, he did say the wheel arch appeared to be repaired previously and as such would not be covered. A bitter taste was left in my mouth about the wheel arch but I was still relatively pleased with his open and fair assessment of the roof.
Apparently Audi customer services don’t view the warranty in the same way and have now refused the claim saying that the previous owner had neglected the car as he should have noticed the corrosion on the roof and got it sorted earlier. The guy at Audi customer service came out with some corkers along the lines of “the week it took me to notice the damage was too long…” and perhaps the car valaters should have reported it!” The outcome remains the same, sod of and tell someone who cares.
Where do I stand with this? Having checked the forums it seems these issues are not uncommon with various outcomes I would love it if any of you guys out there could post your views and experiences with you similar issues so I can build a bit of a case to get this sorted….
Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

:zx11::zx11::zx11:

a8 tech
06-04-2009, 09:08 PM
This is what you need to do.
Contact the dealers warranty manager/clerk,they will take a photo of the problem and the clerk will submit a paint claim with photo attached online,this will then be examined at Audi UK and a decision will be made.Customer care will not make a paint/corrosion repair decision only Audi UK Warranty Dept can after the correct procedure is followed.