PDA

View Full Version : CAR TAX ..... quick !!!

Col
20-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Just done mine online as it is due at the end of the month.

Don't forget it's budget day tomorrow and it's likely to go up BIG TIME !!!

Do it online NOW and save yourself potentially loads (that is if yours is due at the end of the month).

Yours smuggly,
BigCol

p.s. I'll be gutted if the diesel car tax goes down !

p.s.s. my sympathies go out to all you V6 V8 & 4x4 owners who are in for some serious wallet harm. Ha ha ha ha .

devonutopia
21-03-2007, 12:26 AM
This time last year I saved £5 on my tax band (had renewal for £115, now £110) - currently have a renewal sheet for £110 and won't be too fussed if it goes up to £115 again. My car is in a good band for CO2 production so all being well, it will fall even more, and the CO2 polluters will get hammered.

Oh, anyone want to debate about the theories going round about global warming just being part of the natural earth's cycle and that cars, etc have little or no effect on it? :D

PS: I moved the thread to general car chatting, as it was in the "chat about anything except cars section" :)

Col
21-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks for moving this.

I'm also ok with the TDI Passat at £135, a bit more than the TDI Golf which was the same as your Fabia.

It's more aimed at the bigger engined cars, which if you believe the hype are going to get hammered.

RickT
21-03-2007, 12:41 AM
my A4 is £190 a year..

My tax on our polo is due at the end of this month.. however the price wont come in till after 1 april... am i right in thinking??

Cheers

RicKT

Col
21-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Nope, wouldn't think so.

It'll go up straight away.

Do it on line, it only takes 5 mins.

Eshrules
21-03-2007, 09:38 AM
my A4 is £190 a year..

My tax on our polo is due at the end of this month.. however the price wont come in till after 1 april... am i right in thinking??

Cheers

RicKT

ouch, £190 a year must sting a bit.... im not really affected by this i dont think, with mine being a 2000 reg'd, i pay £96 every 6 months..flat i think.... dont know if thats good or bad with the possibility of an increase, how much will 2001> golf tdis be paying? eg, 2002 model of mine? 'tis all a bit confusing the way they ruddy do it now.

buster
21-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I thought the big hike, on what is being referred to as the 4x4 tax, is only going to be on new vehicles.

I could be wrong, I often am, but my 2001 A6 2.7T shouldn't be affected.

Will it bring it down if I have it converted to LPG?

MalcQV
21-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Only I believe on vehicles registered after April 2006.

I pay less tax on my 3.0L classic car with no cats than I do on my Passat :D

If the government was serious about climate change and pollution they would of put up the large vehicle (or whatever you want to call the it) tax to a massive amount. People that own these cars are not to be put off by a doubling of the tax. Of course the poorer people and Farmers etc who need them are the ones that suffer. Stealth Tax.

As for the global pollution by CO2 we create, then until the scientists agree with one another I am still in the (Its all about Tax and an excuse to stop third world countries developing scheme) camp :approve:

buster
21-03-2007, 02:52 PM
When Blair was asked whether he would give up long-haul flights.
He replied: "I personally think these things are a bit impractical actually to expect people to do that.

He added: "It's like telling people you shouldn't drive anywhere."

Then car tax goes up, duty on petrol goes up, and road pricing comes in.
Sheer hypocrysy! (you don't spell it like that do you? :confused: )

Eshrules
21-03-2007, 03:22 PM
ive just posted the summary of the pre budget announcement :

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6617

nice to see two of my hates getting penalised :D smokers and 4x4 owners woop :D LOL, thats me getting linched then....

Paul_mkV_golf
21-03-2007, 06:17 PM
With regards to government using VED as an environmental tax & putting tax up for less efficient cars I don't see why they can't just do away with it & put extra duty on fuel. That would be the only fair way to hit the least efficient cars hardest & those that cover the most miles & therefore produce more 'greenhouse gas'. e.g. I cover approx 8k miles yr in my golf tdi- a friend has a 3litre petrol volvo xc90 4x4 but only does 3k miles a year- so I'm probs producing more pollution by covering more miles.

Also- all the foreign drivers/HGVs etc would contribute more so for using our roads.

&- all the ****wits that don't bother to tax their cars would have to pay through increase in fuel duty- why should we subsidise their tax evasion?

Of course, the best thing to do would be to abolish any form of taxation altogether. :biglaugh:

Weather patterns are changing but mankind's overall influence on them is microscopic compared to that of the sun. It's just another form of 'green' taxation because it's something that the government can quantify- what he gives back in the budget he takes away in new taxes.

RickT
21-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Its a joke the the amounts its gone up.. i like the examples... 4x4, Jag's 4 litre... Renualt Esape 2.0... if you ask me they dont have a clue and want to find an easy way to make money like always... Take from the ones who "repect" the law..

Im looking forward to road pricing coming in so we can all rip through little villages on the rat runs.... we will soon see how long it takes them to rip us off any more and force us all to stay inside!!

I have already got my route planned though a few nice quiet villages... !! i know it selfish.. but if its cheaper its not going to be only me that does it!!

RicKT

Niall76
21-03-2007, 07:32 PM
The only 'fair' way is to scrap the tax and stick a little more on fuel. As said before, then the a-holes who dodge tax discs will have no way to avoid it.

RickT
21-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Thats right... i agree...

However the addtional cost on fuel in relation to the tax should be classed on 10k miles a year.. where as when they were thinking of it before they based it on 4k miles a year which is a joke!! so any more than 4k a year you was out of pocket big time!!

RiCKT

Niall76
21-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Good point. I roughly worked out in my head that on say 15 as an average it wouldn't be that much more per litre.

4000 though - typical halfarsed government think tank nonsense...

MalcQV
21-03-2007, 09:52 PM
ive just posted the summary of the pre budget announcement :

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6617

nice to see two of my hates getting penalised :D smokers and 4x4 owners woop :D LOL, thats me getting linched then....

I am gonna be the lincher :D Seriously people who have them for running around town, school runs, I guess won't even notice the hike (is that not what they are trying to do?). However what concerns me is people in the country who need 4x4's and are going to be taxed regardless.

RickT
21-03-2007, 11:56 PM
this is were the goverment has tried to cover there back's by doing it all on CO2 emmisons..

A good way of doing it... (however it would never worked as people would register the cars else where...) is that the tax you pay is where you live... so if you live in the city and own a 4x4 you should pay more compared to the country.....

WAIT A MINUTE..................... I take the obove back!!!... i dont know what came over me above!!!....I nearly got sucked into this green peace rubbish!!!

IF WE WANT A CAR WE SHOULD BE FREE TO CHOSE WANT WE WANT!!

The Goverment should stick the car tax business somewhere..... and not rip us all off and not worry about this green business and try to spend all this extra cash they have ROBBED from us in a correct manner!!

Not waste it on buses and public transport which never improve!! ... instead get rid of all public transport apart from in cites and make some super highways to cut congestion!!

In regards to emmissions this country produces, work out the UK land mass and get some deal and off so we share our emmisons with some other countries which produce nothing... that way its evenly spread and problem solved..

jobs i good one!!!

i think i will raise this in the house of commons when i take over tony Blair..! or as the Calsberg adverts say.... "if only we did .........!!! "

Cheers

RicKT

RickT
21-03-2007, 11:59 PM
unless the goverment are want us to all ride push bikes???

The next thing we will be TAXED on is the carbon dixoide out of our bodies!!!!

MalcQV
22-03-2007, 09:21 AM
RickT for Prime Minister :p

I do wonder where it will end up.

I checked the Passats CO2 it is 192 g/km on a dvla site, that puts me high up in the ratings I think. Time for a 3 cylinder sewing machine me thinks :D:D:D

******** to that Gordon you big ponce you can feckin triple my road tax and I will still drive it, in fact I will buy a 4x4 :aargh4:and drive it on the pavement :p

bora(ing) nick
22-03-2007, 10:49 AM
My car tax is £60.50 every 6 months, don't mind payin that at all.

1.9TDI Bora PD100

guyg
23-03-2007, 08:40 PM
The next thing we will be TAXED on is the carbon dixoide out of our bodies!!!!

Perhaps, but under such a system, maybe we could get a rebate any methane produced...

devonutopia
23-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Now mine's up to £115, does my reminder for £110 mean I can just pay £110? :D I got a fiver knocked off this time and wondering if I could plead ignorance and somehow get my next 12 months @ £110. :D

Edit: My renewal note has a nice big disclaimer against the above. :D C'est la vie.

Col
23-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Now mine's up to £115, does my reminder for £110 mean I can just pay £110? :D I got a fiver knocked off this time and wondering if I could plead ignorance and somehow get my next 12 months @ £110. :D

Edit: My renewal note has a nice big disclaimer against the above. :D C'est la vie.

Lol

I did warn you !!

And did say quick.

onzarob
23-03-2007, 09:45 PM
I did the same bought online. Mines in the old system so a £175 My midget was the best......£0.

Devonutopia can't belive your little rocket is £115, wise move buying small and then modding;)

Rob:D

stuart
24-03-2007, 10:29 AM
If I have read it correct, the budget say's that car tax for most groups will increase by £5 each year for the next 3 years.... so why, looking at the government website has mine gone.. or will go next renewal up from £195 to £205?

Funny £5 increase:)

s0niX
28-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Go onto the governments website and sign a petition on Pay as you drive :D

1.7 million have done already =)

Erm yea, This global warming scare thats in the news papers EVERY day is just aload of rubbish, its another TAX basically. The world has these times where we have mad weather its a cycle... And we are getting punished for it
:mad:

MalcQV
29-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Erm yea, This global warming scare thats in the news papers EVERY day is just aload of rubbish, its another TAX basically. The world has these times where we have mad weather its a cycle... And we are getting punished for it
:mad:

Yep :beerchug:

bora(ing) nick
02-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I'd rather not.....

I do around 25,000 a year and pay £115 for the privelige.

Pay as you drive tax is done by fuel duty.... the more you drive the more duty you pay. why encourage another form of taxation that will end up costing the average man more than they were paying before???

Nick

Shinman
04-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I thought the big hike, on what is being referred to as the 4x4 tax, is only going to be on new vehicles.

I could be wrong, I often am, but my 2001 A6 2.7T shouldn't be affected.

Will it bring it down if I have it converted to LPG?

Hi My passat 1.8t has a lpg conversion and as long as the installer is a registered member of the LPGA association he / she should be able to provide you with a certificate stating what your emmissions are on petrol ans LPG submitt this to the DVLA which gets your cars V5 to show dual fuel and YES you will get a reduction in cost. Ive just submitted mine just waiting to find out about how much of a reduction this entitles me to.
have a look at the link below.
http://www.boostlpg.co.uk/driver_industry/Getting%20your%20car%20converted.htm

:beerchug:

Desdesigner
04-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm now paying £205 :(

stuart
04-04-2007, 07:45 PM
In the budget the nice man stated that the increase to £300 was for 4 x 4 vehicles.... am I correct....

Well, from what I have been reading on the vehicle tax website, this is based on ANY VEHICLE, NOT JUST 4 x 4's with emmisions over 225g/km... in which cas, this includes a whole heap of cars.... do a search here, you will be suprised..

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/vedSearchResults.asp?Band=G&Price=300&fuel=2&co2=Over%20225

it includes 2.0 Audi's as well....

Just do a search....

It does not state it applies just to 4 x 4's here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Stuart

ian.i
14-04-2007, 12:29 AM
my tax was up at start of month was £61 for six months not bad for a 2003 gttdi golf 130 :biglaugh: