PDA

View Full Version : Airbag light on (think i've messed it up)

cris_rover
02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Hello. I'm pretty new here. I've recently bought an Audi A4 1995 1.8. Since my car didn't came with an alarm system I thought I can fit her with one. I started to work, and after roughly 10 hours I've done it. The only problem I have now is that Airgbag light stays on when I start the engine. (I think maybe I've done some damage to the wires under the steering wheel when checking for the wires for the alarm.) Any idea what could I have messed up, and how to fix it?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

docurley
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Well you are going to need VAGCOM to clear the fault and check the connection under the seat they play up.

The Airbag light will not go out till you VAG it or unplug the battery for a short while.

cris_rover
02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Thank you very much. I will try it first thing tomorrow. But.... since I don't yet have a VAGCOM i will try it by unplugging the battery.... and i'worried about the code for my cassette player (it's audi original)... and yet i don't want to buy another one for a month or two... I'll keep you posted what I've accomplished.

cris_rover
03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Ok... I've tried to unplug the battery, waited 5 mins and then reconnect.. Nothing. The airbag light still there. Next I will try to use a vag com to clear the errors.

Steve_o
13-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Don't think 5 mins is enough. I would leave it dissconnected overnight

cris_rover
13-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Thank you. I will try it tonight. (hope it works :) )