PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra Driver's Seat Fabric / Foam Replacement

cliffdi
02-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know how to remove and dismantle a heated drver's seat for an Alhambra 1.9 TDI (Tiptronic) 03 model. I've worn a hole in the driver's seat fabric over the years getting in and out of the car and it's now bugging me to the point that I'm determined to have a go repairing it!

I've tried various after-market repairers but haven't found anyone yet that can repair it invisibly. Any recommendations are welcome (am in London).

Also if anyone has any tips on sourcing the seat fabric and foam at a reasonable cost (am checking breakers but would prefer to replace with new), then please PM me. The fabric seat cover is £160 from VW and the foam's another £40! It's just the black edge of the fabric that's worn.

Thanks

Cliff

c6apr
19-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi i have just replaced my foam and had my cover repaired,work in the motor trade and would suggest that it really isn't a diy job.Quite awkward to re attach the cover.

towcestervag
19-07-2009, 10:07 AM
i had a golf repaired by local trimmer
small hole just by seam he removed cover and redone the seam a little tighter NICE JOB! £30
try a trimmer near you they may help

davidmkwilliams
01-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know how to remove and dismantle a heated drver's seat for an Alhambra 1.9 TDI (Tiptronic) 03 model. I've worn a hole in the driver's seat fabric over the years getting in and out of the car and it's now bugging me to the point that I'm determined to have a go repairing it!

I've tried various after-market repairers but haven't found anyone yet that can repair it invisibly. Any recommendations are welcome (am in London).

Also if anyone has any tips on sourcing the seat fabric and foam at a reasonable cost (am checking breakers but would prefer to replace with new), then please PM me. The fabric seat cover is £160 from VW and the foam's another £40! It's just the black edge of the fabric that's worn.

Thanks

Cliff
hi iv tryied upholsters can get clips to reassemble covers bought 7 seats off ebay 200 i had 5 inch rips in all but one seat front seat had heated seat which is glued to foam and the wires to hold cloth on to the seat are difficult to take apart as i took front seat appart my self its easyer to search on ebay and breakers yard to find seats as i did