PDA

View Full Version : SatNav

richml
20-03-2007, 10:30 PM
My TT is 1999/2000 which used the Tele Atlas cd. I understand this is now out-of-date and cannot take the newer maps. Anyone had similar probs and got any answers for up-to-date cd's. Alternatively anyone using an independent system?

stuart
20-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi

You can buy up to date navigation discs direct from Tele atlas, at http://www.navshop.com/en/index.php Just select the correct type of navigation system ,and but the new disc.

My Boss had a 2001 Audi A6 with the original disc, he purchased the current one and it works OK.

Stuart

richml
20-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately no go! I've spoken with tele atlas who tell me that in 2001 they changed the hardware so that earlier models will not accept the newer map discs - insufficient memory. They tell me the only way is to but a complete new system which is.....
So I'll probably get a standalone system unless I can find a better answer.
But thanks for the reply.

devonutopia
20-03-2007, 10:54 PM
I have a fairly dated navman (ICn630) which I got quite cheap 2nd hand for £100 a while back. It's maps are a good 3, maybe 4 years old and I can often be going down a road and it suddenly thinks I'm running through fields duie to me being on some new bypass. :D It doesn't bother me though as it's usefulness in certain "where the f*** is....?" situations has more than made the £100 outlay worthwhile (and still does, especially when navigating right across Germany :))