PDA

View Full Version : Windows Auto up/down on Remote (comfort?) can it be done?

rehk
01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello all

I'm a proud new owner of a MK4 GT TDI 130, and have been a member on the forum for a few days. I've browsed through the forum and the site in general, and I have to say that there seems to be an awful lot of useful information available.

I've recently been converted from a Jap to a German car owner, and was previously a member on the MR2 owners club.

Looking at all the useful and 'luxury' mods that can be done to a MK4 Golf and there is one in particular which I think would be really useful as well as 'bling' :D

I've searched this forum, and not really found a definitive answer. I did find this thread (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15119&page=3):however, not sure if it can be done.

Basically my car has full closure or auto up/down for the windows and the sunroof if I put the key in the door and hold it in the lock/unlock position, however I would like to know if this can be done from the remote? does anyone have this already?

the car is a MK4 and is a 2003.

Any advice/info on this would be most appreciated, or if anyone local to Bradford/Leeds area can do it would love to hear from you.

cheers all.

Can't wait to get her on the road, currently awaiting a valet, and insurance.. which reminds me - anyone know of any good insurance companies? i've yet to try the one mentioned on the forum, but everyone else is quoting me silly money!

bugOlugs
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Wibsey any good? :D

These and other mods are possible. You're welcome to have a look at our Bora to see them in action.

rehk
08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Wibsey's good.

Can you do this mod? :beerchug:

bugOlugs
08-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Of course. :D

paul b
08-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Of course. :D
+64 to the CCU coding isn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

bugOlugs
09-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Consider yourself corrected. :Blush:
The request from 'rehk' is for a mk4 Golf and is not done with VCDS (VagCom).
:beerchug:

paul b
09-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Ahh, I see. ;)

NickPicks
09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
How is it done then?

bugOlugs
09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
There's plenty of information on how this is done on other forums.

The process involves modifying the relevant bytes in the car's CCM, of which there are many different types.

There is a discussion ongoing at the moment on another UK forum which demonstrates the dangers of modifying the CCM when you don't know what you're doing! In this case, the windows going down when locking the car!!!
:biglaugh:

paul b
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
There's plenty of information on how this is done on other forums.

The process involves modifying the relevant bytes in the car's CCM, of which there are many different types.

There is a discussion ongoing at the moment on another UK forum which demonstrates the dangers of modifying the CCM when you don't know what you're doing! In this case, the windows going down when locking the car!!!
:biglaugh:
So it's nothing we can do, only a qualified Master tech like yourself can do... ;)

bugOlugs
10-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Quite the opposite is true.

It's something quite a few people I know can do with no problems whatsoever. And only one of them is "a qualified Master tech".

Would you like to learn how it's done? I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge with you if you fancy a trip over here.

paul b
10-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Quite the opposite is true.

It's something quite a few people I know can do with no problems whatsoever. And only one of them is "a qualified Master tech".

Would you like to learn how it's done? I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge with you if you fancy a trip over here.
Thank you very much for the offer.

The car is in for its MOT tomorrow (Saturday), I bought it broken and I've repaired it so it hasn't been on the road properly for months. If all goes well (and I'm confident things will ;)) then I'll definitely be up for visiting your goodself. Can I contact you this week and let you know about dates/payment etc? As I'm working this weekend so won't be able to make it.

The car is a 2000 Skoda Octavia TDI, I'm assuming that the job can be done and is essentially the same, as the car is on the Golf Mk4 platform.

I also have a problem with my T5 van, the remote central locking which has stopped working... again. I don't want to sort of force myself on you, but if you could have a look at that it would be fantastic. The CCU had been corroded, so I replaced with a new one from VW and I recoded the new one and the keys with VAG-COM and all was well, until now. No fault codes, and the keys won't code. New CCU is fine.
Paul :beerchug:

bugOlugs
11-04-2009, 09:25 AM
No problem Paul. Good luck with the MOT!

The remote windows mod should indeed be possible with an Octavia, although I've not done one as yet! But as you rightly say, the car is a mk4 platform so should be no bother. If you log into module 46 (Central convenience) with VagCom you'll see the part number. Mail it to me and I'll confirm it's do-able!

Cost? I charge a maximum of £20 for the mods possible on a Mk4 or equivalent. £10 for windows only. But having read the new, very bright, very red instructions on the VagCom help requests thread, it seems the forum admin expect our time for free. If that's the case, I'll happily be removed from the list. I'll be posting to that effect in that section.

The van sounds, er, interesting! We can have a butchers at it. :D

Gareth.

bugOlugs
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
After posting in the VagCom user locations section (which has also been removed), informing forum members that I charge a small amount for my services, I have been removed from the list as a VCDS (VagCom) owner by the site admin.

I did point out that I was happy for this to be done if they were not happy that I expect a small payment for my time.

This is the only VAG forum I have come across where the site's rules are that VCDS (VagCom) owners are not allowed to ask for a small payment for their time.

But if those are the rules, so be it.

:D

paul b
13-04-2009, 08:44 PM
No problem Paul. Good luck with the MOT!

The remote windows mod should indeed be possible with an Octavia, although I've not done one as yet! But as you rightly say, the car is a mk4 platform so should be no bother. If you log into module 46 (Central convenience) with VagCom you'll see the part number. Mail it to me and I'll confirm it's do-able!

Cost? I charge a maximum of £20 for the mods possible on a Mk4 or equivalent. £10 for windows only. But having read the new, very bright, very red instructions on the VagCom help requests thread, it seems the forum admin expect our time for free. If that's the case, I'll happily be removed from the list. I'll be posting to that effect in that section.

The van sounds, er, interesting! We can have a butchers at it. :D

Gareth.
Car passed. Its first MOT for 3 years! :D

PM sent. ;)

Paul

bugOlugs
13-04-2009, 08:49 PM
and replied to Paul. :beerchug:

rehk - sorry I've missed you upto now, been away for the Easter weekend with family.

Give me a buzz to arrange. :beerchug: