PDA

View Full Version : help with fault code 16575 fuel pressure sensor

justin@justinwa
31-03-2009, 08:43 PM
hi we have a 2004 golf 1.6 fsi which is losing all power intermitaly the pedal has no response and then the revs drop and then alls fine again until then next time when the problem happens the fuel pressure readings go up between 80/100 bar on tick over the readings are 4/8 bar when at idle and reved the only fault code coming up is 16575 fuel pressure sensor plausilbility error signal.We have change the fuel sensor,noxs sensor,and had the pump in the tank and checked filter any ideas will be a great help volkswagon said they have never heard of this problem!

lecyviolin
26-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Never heard of this fault, joke, its a very common one to the point many privately sold golfs have had the engine warning lights disconnected. Apart from the fact that the garage that sold me an fsi forgot to mention it should be run [was desisigned] on super unleaded fuel, they fobbed me off for the guarantee period trying to get rid of 16575. I've replaced pump and filter, checked sensor wiring and fuses. hundreds of blogs on this. VW are a disgrace Im trying [like many]to get rid of it and get something simple.

Teflon
27-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Normal supermarket unleaded is fine for any of the Golf range, even the R32 and the Ed30.

As for the original problem, maybe you can find someone who has VCDS to plug in and do some measuring blocks of actual values while you are having symptoms?

lecyviolin
28-04-2012, 10:06 AM
The fuel cap flap was/is marked [up to 2005/6] 98[95]ron. Vw changed this later to 95 and then debadged the FSI to get rid of stock. After numerous take backs [and refusing to pay £100+ for 'analysis' they remapped engine. This is nothing more than detuneing it to run 'adequately' [their words] on 95 Ron. An engine designed to run on a higher octane will never be able to give full performance on less. I was a complete fool for not doing research first but once vw have your money theres no way back. I have talked to many fsi owners and none had ever enquired what fuel was needed, they assumed petrol meant unleaded. At one point i had the chief mechanic of the garage argueing with the salesman in front of me as he conceded that it was designed for 98 ron. Thank God I didn't buy a new one!

Teflon
28-04-2012, 05:40 PM
You are kidding yourself. You will never drive on the Queen's highway in a manner where you will notice a performance difference. Or if you try you will soon be in chokey, and still kidding yourself. If you want to have delusions about wringing the last shred of performance out of the car, don't whine about the fine print in the book, pay for the more expensive juice or better still, buy a GTI. By the way, mine is plenty fast enough on unleaded.

The 98/95 Ron issue is more about absolute levels of mpg, but every time someone does a calibrated back to back test for one of the motoring mags they detect no difference, or at best a difference so small that it doesn't warrant the extra cost of super. It doesn't stop folks paying the extra 7p a litre though.